PDA

View Full Version : Ask Tony...got a suggestion or concern about SCMC, post it here!

cobrabitn
04-26-2006, 10:18 PM
This thread is for any kind of chat that you don't mind being hijacked! Pick a subject and someone else can go in and hijack it for ya! :thumbsup:

RF Cobra
04-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Hmmm...yes, but, how much fun is it when you know it is okay to do it? :spoke:

:p ;)

cobrabitn
04-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Well with this group?? I'm sure someone will think of some innovative way to be sarcastic and funny at the same time! :D

nckissfan
04-27-2006, 04:07 AM
BORING!!:rotf:

off to hijack one of Tony's threads:thumbsup:

RF Cobra
04-27-2006, 01:21 PM
BORING!!

Let us know if you strike oil. :p And if you do, will you give club members a discount? ;)

nckissfan
04-27-2006, 02:14 PM
hmmm, will have to think about sharing:doubt:

blk04cobra1
04-27-2006, 04:07 PM
no sharing...must keep all for yourself...be greedy for once in your life :rotf:

RF Cobra
04-27-2006, 10:37 PM
no sharing...must keep all for yourself...be greedy for once in your life :rotf:

Who asked you anyway? ;) :rotf:

That's okay my 10,000 shares of Exxon Mobile stock will make up for the gas price increases. :rolleyes:

I wish I had 10,000 or more shares of their stock...

cobrabitn
04-27-2006, 10:50 PM
What's their stock worth nowadays?

RF Cobra
04-27-2006, 10:56 PM
What's their stock worth nowadays?
Closed at 62.42, down 1.08. They claim the shareholders will benefit from their huge profits, but I bet the execs will rake most of it into their pockets and what's left to trickle down will not be as great as everyone thinks in my opinion. I haven't done a full analysis on the company so I don't know if I would really invest in it or not.

cobrabitn
04-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Most company's shareholders are the execs! They own the majority of the stock and line their pockets. They'll drive those prices up, sell some stock and end up with the same value they had before the stock sale! :mad:

RF Cobra
04-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Most company's shareholders are the execs! They own the majority of the stock and line their pockets. They'll drive those prices up, sell some stock and end up with the same value they had before the stock sale! :mad:
Yes, but, they will rake most of the profits into their own pockets through perks, bonuses, and pay raises long before it trickles down to shareholder distributions. That way they keep more of it for themselves.

Gotta love the media though. I'm more interested in the net income than their gross profit.

InfamousSVT
05-20-2006, 02:52 AM
So what did you guys think about the weather? ;)

cobrabitn
05-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Weather was great in Talladega today! :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
05-21-2006, 03:30 AM
What were you doing down there?

Big Daddy
05-21-2006, 08:19 AM
So what did you guys think about the weather? ;)

There will be some weather...wether or not we like it is another topic! :eek: ;) :D

97whitevert
07-09-2006, 09:36 PM
the vert on oak island.... ahhhhhhhhh the best!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nckissfan
07-09-2006, 09:41 PM
ahhh, yeah, still not paying attention:rotf:

RF Cobra
07-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Only 26,xxx posts to go for Tony to realize his dream of catching up to the South Central forum posts...

97whitevert
08-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Can we work out a cookout here soon??? :thumbsup:

RF Cobra
08-04-2006, 07:45 PM
That would be great! :D

nckissfan
08-04-2006, 10:40 PM
they will commit if you put it on;) , give me ample notice, and I will be "bratmeister" again:thumbsup:

97whitevert
08-05-2006, 08:48 AM
they will commit if you put it on;) , give me ample notice, and I will be "bratmeister" again:thumbsup:

let's work backwords- When are you off?!?! and we will go from there!!

nckissfan
08-05-2006, 09:43 AM
ah, don't worry about me, it is impossible to pinpoint my days off. So, just make a date, if I have to work, I will just have to be late for the cookout.

03slidewayzSVT
09-10-2006, 07:50 AM
No Adam, more people wouldn't like that, just a handful of you would like that. Most people that come to our Jackson event like the format and it has been very successful over the years. That's why they keep coming back every event. Besides, what opportunity would it be for a guy with a 14 second Cobra to go out and run against a 525 rwhp Cobra that runs 11's? Don't always put the ball in your court, try to think of other members, too.

You don't get what you want by hijacking a thread. I spoke with Dan about the heads up and said I would get back to him on it. Let's leave it at that!

Thanks,

Tony

Fine then Tony!!!! How about starting a POLL to see really what people want??? Atleast for next year anyway!!!! I personnly think bracket racing is boring and don't do it....I want to see everytime I run If I can get faster and faster not worring that I'm going to have to hit the brakes at the end of the track to keep from breaking out!!!!!

97whitevert
09-10-2006, 09:00 AM
thus the test and tune portion before the bracket!!!

go as fast as you can and keep trying to go faster! :thumbsup:

03slidewayzSVT
09-10-2006, 09:13 AM
thus the test and tune portion before the bracket!!!

go as fast as you can and keep trying to go faster! :thumbsup:

yes, but there is no money and or trophys...If I wanted to bracket race I'd bring my truck a V6, auto like a 10 minute 1320:thumbsup:

97whitevert
09-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Adam- if you want a head's up race, go ahead and see where, when it can possibly be done. Find out how much it will be to rent the track; with workers for timing. The SCMC likes to rent tracks for our events. Get some prices, dates for this, and If the date works, without interfering with other local SCMC events, and you are willing to work to pull it together, we can decide if it will work.

I see the Jackson, Carolina Dragway event remaining a T &T with Bracket racing event. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
09-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Adam,

How many SCMC drag days have you personally attended?

JOKER
09-10-2006, 09:46 PM
none for me

03slidewayzSVT
09-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Adam,

How many SCMC drag days have you personally attended?

NO SCMC yet!!! But now that I'm into the car and tuning scene more...I'll be at more if there was more...:thumbsup: I'v only been a member for 18 months...How many drag days you had???:burnout: :burnout:

NO 5 OH
09-11-2006, 02:37 AM
NO SCMC yet!!! But now that I'm into the car and tuning scene more...I'll be at more if there was more...:thumbsup: I'v only been a member for 18 months...How many drag days you had???:burnout: :burnout:

They have had the SCMC Drag Day almost since it's inception I believe... I could be wrong about that but I wasn't here from the "very beginning." It's safe to say that in the 18 months that you've been a member you could have made it to at least three events.

If you want to run "heads up" then run someone like that during test and tune. I really don't think you want to run "heads up" with some of the cars that go to that event... you're liable to run an event like that and get your feelings hurt. Do you actually go to the track a lot and race your car? Can you cut a really good reaction time? How quickly you can react to the tree has LOTS to do with heads up racing... first to the line wins without redlighting. Your car may make a decent amount of horsepower... but can you drive your car like you think you can? That is the question I'm wondering :doubt:

And I know that I haven't ever attended the Drag Day event since I've been a member (which has been several years) but my car is WAY faster than a 13.99 and I haven't been inclined to put a bar in it yet. I might see what I can do before this years event as I would like to run my car in the 1/4.

My .02... sorry if I offended anyone.

Shannon

InfamousSVT
09-11-2006, 02:43 AM
They have had the SCMC Drag Day almost since it's inception I believe... I could be wrong about that but I wasn't here from the "very beginning." It's safe to say that in the 18 months that you've been a member you could have made it to at least three events.

If you want to run "heads up" then run someone like that during test and tune. I really don't think you want to run "heads up" with some of the cars that go to that event... you're liable to run an event like that and get your feelings hurt. Do you actually go to the track a lot and race your car? Can you cut a really good reaction time? How quickly you can react to the tree has LOTS to do with heads up racing... first to the line wins without redlighting. Your car may make a decent amount of horsepower... but can you drive your car like you think you can? That is the question I'm wondering :doubt:

And I know that I haven't ever attended the Drag Day event since I've been a member (which has been several years) but my car is WAY faster than a 13.99 and I haven't been inclined to put a bar in it yet. I might see what I can do before this years event as I would like to run my car in the 1/4.

Shannon:stupid: :rotf:

It sounds like Adam doesn't like the way the SCMC dragdays go? This is a quote from another board he's on :D :thumbsup:

I might just be there...The Cobra club race is BORING bracket racing that I F***ing hate!!!! So I might say screw it and come to CR dragday... :deadhorse

03slidewayzSVT
09-11-2006, 06:54 AM
:stupid: :rotf:

It sounds like Adam doesn't like the way the SCMC dragdays go? This is a quote from another board he's on :D :thumbsup:

Yah so Bracket racing is boring!!!!! And I'm NOT doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!

03slidewayzSVT
09-11-2006, 06:56 AM

Shannon

:stupid: I care NOT!!!

NO 5 OH
09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
:stupid: I care NOT!!!

Well then why even post about it if you don't care? I'm confused about this one... :doubt:

Bracket racing takes skill, and you do have to be consistent to be good at it. Something that is not the easiest to do with a stick in your hand. Tony is right that it does level the playing field and allows slower cars to be competitive against the faster ones. If you're going to go to a "heads up" competition then you'd need a full list of rules/regulations to make the field "fair" more or less. It's a lot more headache for those putting on the event. Besides it's not like this is some big "national" event or anything... we go as a club for a day of fun and seeing how fast we can go and not to be out there competing for "big prize" money. I think the most I've seen payout for the bracket competition is like 300 dollars... I may be wrong about that.

Seriously... if you want to run "heads up" against people go to FFW events and you'll find what you're looking for then. But you better bring more power and/or a lot more gas... cause you're gonna need it.

My shameless .02 e-cents... your mileage may vary :D

03slidewayzSVT
09-11-2006, 07:22 PM
It really doesn't matter because I'm not going anyway!!!! I'm not driving 4 hours stay overnight to bracket race!!!! I'll go to rockingham If I wanted 1320 for bracket racing......

cobrabitn
09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Adam,

My point was that you never even been to a SCMC drag day and you already knocked it before you tried it. Why don't you try it first and then if you still feel the same then don't go back. (Although if you won the cash, you would probably feel different about it) This is a club event, not a big time drag race. Everyone goes there to get practice for launching, to see if they can beat their best times, to race their friends or foes, or to see if their mods have made a difference in the 1/4 mile times.

If you don't want to drive the 4 hours then maybe your two hour trip to Rockingham would better suit you but I will say that the reason this event gets bigger everytime is because it is laid back, a lot of fun, and it's a great hooking track where you could beat some of your best times.

The event's reputation has spread and people actually look forward to it in the Spring and Fall and are requesting another Drag Day during the year. Unless you have a 9 second plus car with an automatic transmission or trans brake, you don't stand a chance in a heads up race and you would have your tail handed to you. There are some serious Mustang racers that attend to "test and tune" and enter the bracket racing competition.

Another plus is you can stay all night for "grudge racing" and not have to pay any extra. Maybe this is the format that you seek? The air is cooler at night and that was when Rob ran his best time with his Ported Eaton. I'd like for you to attend because we'll all be there, if you choose to stay at home I respect your opinion and promise not to chat negative about your decision on the Internet. I guess you can just read about it later that night or see the photos the next day?

johnbasf
09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
The funny thing is that it's not just bracket racing. You can make 30+ runs if you want. You won't get that at "the Rock". The bracket racing usually takes about 45 minutes out of the day.

InfamousSVT
09-12-2006, 01:13 AM
The funny thing is that it's not just bracket racing. You can make 30+ runs if you want. You won't get that at "the Rock". The bracket racing usually takes about 45 minutes out of the day.+1 :D

I honestly think that if you decide to make it Adam you will enjoy it. :thumbsup:
Hell, we all meet up in Rock Hill and have a line of Cobra's (and some chevy friends) cruising down 77 the whole way there.......it'll be a blast. ;)

Big Daddy
09-12-2006, 08:53 AM
It really doesn't matter because I'm not going anyway!!!! I'm not driving 4 hours stay overnight to bracket race!!!! I'll go to rockingham If I wanted 1320 for bracket racing......

Adam,

YOU DO CARE! You hijacked another thread, you started a poll and you posted about it on this thread! IF you didn't care you wouldn't have done all that. Please attend the event THEN make suggestions on how to improve it. You can't make it better if you don't attend so you REALLY know what is going on! Take care, hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

03slidewayzSVT
09-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Your right, I do care I'm just try to get poeple siked up about running heads up...Sorry if most people took it the wrong way....:thumbsup:

mkkrs1
09-12-2006, 10:21 PM

you know ,you will be there with Pro-Dyno :D

03slidewayzSVT
09-13-2006, 04:25 PM
you know ,you will be there with Pro-Dyno :D

Yah sure Mike you a funny guy....:D

RF Cobra
11-05-2006, 01:36 PM
What's this I keep seeing about "dull boring photographs"

You know who you are... :spoke:

:p

RF Cobra
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Tony: Are we there yet?

cobrabitn
08-17-2007, 10:57 PM
:scratch:

RF Cobra
09-01-2007, 06:49 PM
How much longer?

rleard
01-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Well have a questioin where it the post about the datona 500 thing with Ford.
Old hotrodder never die , they just get lost in space:D.
My Cobra is clean but brain cloudy:D. Thanks PM me please so I dont screw it up .

cobrabitn
01-16-2008, 07:34 AM
:scratch:

RF Cobra
02-10-2009, 10:18 PM
How come you only call me when you know I am where my phone doesn't work? ;)

cobrabitn
02-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I called you last night when I saw you on the forums but I guess you were ready to hit the sack?? :rotf:

RF Cobra
02-10-2009, 10:55 PM
I was up later that I should have been. Conan O'Brien was doing some little thing about a 92 green taurus sho he said he owned.

Tried sending you an email earlier but just noticed it is still in my outbox. Apparently the Coyote is back on staff at time warner and their email is screwed up yet again.

My phone will still be on for a little longer tonight. :)

kng9nothing
03-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Tony,

I was curious if you would be open to doing a show or cruise-in for Victory Junction? I was thinking this would bring the club some publicity and help out seriously ill kids at the same time.

Victory Junction Info (http://www.victoryjunction.org/aa_help/events04_fundraising.html)

Let me know if there would be any interest for this, because I think it would be a great experience for everyone involved.

cobrabitn
03-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm open for anything that is going to help those in need and it doesn't hurt if we get some publicity out of it. My personal schedule is so full that I haven't even cut the grass at my house yet but....if you and others want to organize an event, I'm all for it! :thumbsup:

kng9nothing
03-21-2009, 10:43 AM
awesome! i just need someone to show me the ropes on organizing and fundraising...if you could email me some tips when you get time, i'd be more than happy to try to set this thing up!

silververt
03-21-2009, 12:00 PM
+1 on Victory Juntion, my wife and I spent a week there as volunteers and then volunteered to help with their annual marathon. That place does amazing things for people.

cobrabitn
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I think it would be easier to explain it over the phone then type it all out. I would like for us to do a "get together" at the Charlotte Rescue Mission some time this year. They have been asking me to do that for quite some time now, but I just don't know if I can put together a day to do it. :scratch:

MarvinBen
06-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Tony we are moving to Tega Cay, SC in August. I have sent the registration for Parkway Ford Show. I came to the Charlotte show in April of this year. I drive a 98 Mustang Cobra Convertible. I am the guy from Virginia that you were all giving me a bad time because I bought a bunch of thing (shirts, etc). Is Cobra Alley at Parkway Ford Show only for Cobra's or are SVT Cobra's like mind allowed? If so, how do I register for Cobra Alley?

cobrabitn
06-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry, we didn't mean to give you a hard time...that's just us and we like teasing! Glad to see you coming to Tega Cay, that's 20-25 minutes from my house.

Once you pay for the Parkway show, we'll add you to Cobra Alley automatically! :thumbsup:

MarvinBen
06-20-2010, 10:16 AM
I enjoyed the kidding.