PDA

View Full Version : Lanier Speedway 9/30/06 - Braselton, GA

fasst94impala
04-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Come join us for an exhilarating circle track driving experience. The Lanier Speedway, Braselton, GA, is hosting its annual Hot Laps at Lanier event on Saturday 9/30. It's open to all makes and models but limited to 21 cars. It's only $50 to pre-register and $60 at the gate if any spots are available.

The 3/8ths paved oval provides perma grins and some pucker. We've had spectacular spins but have been fortunate in that no sheet metal has been wrinkled. It's more fun than you can imagine. For $50, you some great thrills.

The format will be 3 groups of 7 cars. After a drivers meeting and acclimation laps, every car will get 3 solo runs in every session. A solo run consists of a 3/4 lap warm up, 2 FULL hot laps and 1/2 lap cool down lap. With lap times averaging just under 20 seconds, it goes really fast. Depending on the number of cars participating and how quickly things go, you'll get dizzy before the event ends http://www.gafba.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif I figure at least 4 sessions minimum.

Due to a perfect safety record, Stan, the track manager actually let a few B-Bodys go out together last year. We both had black paint so rubbing fenders didn't mess anything up http://www.gafba.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif. If things go smoothly and time permits, this is another great/fun experience for any drivers that want to take the track together.

The solo laps are timed and trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. As well as the Spin Dr. award for the most thrilling 180. Jason trailered his 03Ragtop down from TN last year and turned a 16.92 which is almost an 80MPH average. But it wasn't good enough to beat the fastest Taxi at 16.849. B-Bodys do amazing well on this track. Any Snake or Pony cars want to take on our width and weight challenged cars ??? Great people...a lot of fun.

For more information and to reserve a spot, contact me at fasst94impala@bellsouth.net (fasst94impala@bellsouth.net). A $25 non-refundable deposit will be required.

Jason
06-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Afraid I won't be able to make it this year. Like an idiot I agreed to be in a wedding before I checked my race calendar. I'll sure as hell be back next year though. Yall keep'em off the walls down there.:thumbsup:

fasst94impala
07-10-2006, 12:08 PM
T-t-t

fasst94impala
09-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Ghost town? No takers? How about some of y'all that were down the street in June at Mall of GA?

TonyBolton
09-12-2006, 06:09 AM
I'm makin' this one! Girlfriend has a High School Reunion on the same date and this would be a great excuse for me to not goto that crap!

Where do I need to send money/make arrangements? Just EMAIL you?

fasst94impala
09-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Just bring $ with you. See you there

fasst94impala
09-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Once again...No blue ovals running in this event. We are disappointed after several years of supporting 411, TGP, and CMP.

cobrabitn
09-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Mark,

I didn't even make any 411 events this year due to event scheduling and I really missed that. I drove 1900 miles this past weekend and I'd probably be divorced if I told the wife I was going to Atlanta for a track event. I will send this out to the club in my weekly mail to see if that will help you.

Thanks,

Tony