PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale

Andy M
05-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Well folks,

I sold #155 yesterday to a broker friend of mine in Houston. So, no telling where it will end up now. It may end up out of state - too early to tell.

At any rate, I will be rifling through my spare parts bin in the garage and letting you all know what I have in case some of you are interested.

The first thing to go is a set of real Cobra R 18"X9.5" rims (painted silver). These are the original R rims which came with the car. They are not show quality as I have been using them for track. They ARE however in perfect shape as far as no dents, cracks, etc. I have a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires ($330 each when purchased new - YIKES!!! :eek: ) mounted on them. There is at least half the rubber still on them and they are great track tires, especially when you get them warmed up. These are not good for street use. I also have a set of BFG KDW tires (two of them look brand new and the other two are a little more worn, especially on the edges).

I'd like to get $500 for the entire deal. I think this is fair.

Any of you track dawgs interested? if so, email me or PM me and let's make a deal.

Otherwise, I will post whatever other parts I find in the garage. I know I have a set of nearly new single piece Brembo rotors (came on the car originally). They have barely 2000 miles on them, as I replaced them with two piece floating rotors early on when I bought the car and began doing track.

Firme
05-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Andy,

Its a sad day to see #155 go :(

97CasperCobra
05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Andy...consider the rims SOLD!!! I've been looking to get a set of R rims for daily use and save my 17" '03 Cobra ones for track. I'll have payment next Friday for you. :thumbsup:

Levi
05-02-2006, 04:12 PM
I hate to hear the R's gone. :( We do hope you stay with the club or atleast hang out with us now and again. :thumbsup:

Andy M
05-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Stan,

I am not going to be a total stranger. Both David as well as Joe have offered to have me drive their cars at the track - so I should be able to sneak in some track time now and again. I plan to re-emerge some time in the next 12 months if possible with a track only machine.

I love this stuff way too much to just walk away!! Plus, hangin with you guys is icing on the cake!! :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
05-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Andy will those rotors fit on my Cobra, if so i would like them.

03 cobra toy
05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Andy will those rotors fit on my Cobra, if so i would like them.

They will fit :thumbsup:

PEGASUS
05-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I still have photos on my phone from our cruise to kemmah. i'm gonna miss seeing #155...she is beautiful. (the legend will live on).

Andy M
05-03-2006, 10:23 PM
hey, she's not dead.... she's just not going to call my garage home anymore.

I sure had some big fun with that car during the past 5 years!!! I added up all the track events and came up with an approximate figure of nearly 10,000 track miles!!!! :eek: That my friends is how you do it!! No wimpy garage queen for me!! I did it right - I drove it like I stole it!! I will always have those memories. :thumbsup:

JBoden
05-09-2006, 08:15 PM
NOT GOOD Andy - I hope 155 is going to a good home.

Do you have an extra splitter you need to get ride of?

Andy M
05-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Jim,

Not sure where it will end up, but it would be great to see it stay in Houston.

I will surely miss it, but life goes on and I will get something else at some point to go out and play with you guys. Can't let you guys have all the fun without me!! ;)

Until then, I will be running some events driving Joe's R. I can still get my "fix". :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, my two old splitters are already spoken for. I am giving them to Joe for allowing me the opportunity to drive his car until I get another track car. I can get you a good one though, made of carbon fiber! Just say the word.