PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust ? on the 01...

WVSNS&
05-05-2006, 01:45 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=header-02 style="PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top>MUSTANG CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=std-text-small>M-5230-M55* An ultra-low back pressure exhaust system for your 1999-01 Cobra. Primarily 3" tailpipes, this system has low back pressure, but will produce significant noise and may be objectionable in some applications.

Anyone used it? I tried to get it but the local dealer ended up not being able to get it after six or seven months. I gave up on it. Just curious.

john
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ausie
05-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Do you have a link?

Firme
05-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Do you have a link?

http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=G&Product_Code=M5230M55&Category_Code=46EXHAUST

WVSNS&, that catback is OBNOXIOSLY loud IMHO. What sound are you looking for?? Exhaust note is a personal preference, just make sure its whats looking for before you get it.

WVSNS&
05-12-2006, 05:12 PM
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=4905

This is what I was trying to get before but gave up when the dealer couldn't get it for I think seven months. I have a few neighbors in the neighborhood within a mile who like to come out and shake a finger at my 01 cobra, 94 gt, and my wifes' contour as we drive by and shout something about slow down. The cars are stock except for the ultraflows on the gt. I go as much as ten over the posted which is twenty five. I was thinking a loud system may drive the lady up a wall. The loudest of the bunch is the gt. To egg her on I now slow in advance of her house and put the gt in first, then go twenty five or thirty by her house. We have adopted a new wave. When the nice lady comes out to shout at us we do the parade wave instead of an unfriendly gesture(which we haven't done). I wanted this loeder exhaust because it was stainless, ford, and had a noise warning and the dealer was going to let me get it for Three hundred bucks. I had another that sat here for a while but sold it w/o installing it as we were selling the car. May sell it soon anyway. Originally I wanted a more throaty sound as the stock exhaust is so quiet I can barely hear it while I am in the car. I hear more engine noise than anything.

john