PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Rear Windows - Question

SuperG
05-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I knew the rear, triangular windows leak, but not this bad...I removed the rear seats to do some electrical work and BEHOLD! A puddle of water after the rainstorm (garage is full of other crap, cannot fit car!) So I look at the way the windows are mounted and aligned and cannot figure out what to do in order to align the glass such that the outer, bottom rubber strip seats against the glass. There is about 2-inches (length-wise) of gap on one window and about 3-inches on the other.

Any suggestions of a type of place that can fix this? I would take it to Ford, but that is pretty much against my religion...

SNAKEYE
05-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I knew the rear, triangular windows leak, but not this bad...I removed the rear seats to do some electrical work and BEHOLD! A puddle of water after the rainstorm (garage is full of other crap, cannot fit car!) So I look at the way the windows are mounted and aligned and cannot figure out what to do in order to align the glass such that the outer, bottom rubber strip seats against the glass. There is about 2-inches (length-wise) of gap on one window and about 3-inches on the other.

Any suggestions of a type of place that can fix this? I would take it to Ford, but that is pretty much against my religion...
You're talking about a convertible, right?
SNAKEYE is a convertible. I have not noticed any rear quarter window seal alignment problems, but then I haven't had to look. I've had the rear seat out to fix a seatbelt twisted into the recoiler and to wire the lightbar, but no sign of ever having been wet. And SNAKEYE is not garage-kept.
I suggest that you look around inside back there where the rear wheel wells protrude into the iterior space of the rear seat to find where the rain and car washing water that run off of the roof drain out the bottom of the car. I have never had to do this but I have noticed water dripping from the front-center bottom edge of the rear wheel inner fender. Debris may have gotten down in there and clogged the drain holes.

SuperG
05-11-2006, 10:44 AM
You're talking about a convertible, right?
SNAKEYE is a convertible. I have not noticed any rear quarter window seal alignment problems, but then I haven't had to look. I've had the rear seat out to fix a seatbelt twisted into the recoiler and to wire the lightbar, but no sign of ever having been wet. And SNAKEYE is not garage-kept.
I suggest that you look around inside back there where the rear wheel wells protrude into the iterior space of the rear seat to find where the rain and car washing water that run off of the roof drain out the bottom of the car. I have never had to do this but I have noticed water dripping from the front-center bottom edge of the rear wheel inner fender. Debris may have gotten down in there and clogged the drain holes.
Good idea to check the convertible top's drainage pattern...but the quarter windows are definitely not sealing properly.

SNAKEYE
05-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Good idea to check the convertible top's drainage pattern...but the quarter windows are definitely not sealing properly.
No doubt about it, but what runs in needs to run out!