PDA

View Full Version : Why High Idle?

KCCobra03
05-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I have a tune in my '03 with a Xcalibrator 2, When at a roll it will idle 1300-1700 and won't come down until I come to a complete stop. I took out the turned cold air intake and put the filter straight on the MAF. Still a problem. I have a Accufab T. B. and was told to try and back off the resting screw 1/4 turn, did that and no difference. Any suggestions? I had JDM do the tune after seeing a pulleyed car put down 480rwhp. I have tried to adjust the idle through the Extreme tune program but when rolling at all it doesn't change idle. Thanks for any help.

Adam

ausie
05-14-2006, 03:25 PM
I am probably not the one to answer this since it was not in the general forums. I will offer a suggestion though. My guess is not related to the tune but anything is possible. My first thoughts would be to inspect the surface area of the mounting location of the IAC valve. It could be possible that there is a gasket leak where the IAC mounts to the throttle body. Also if the gakset was cut to match the passage of the throttle body that would allow more air to pass through the IAC valve. You may need to choke off the air flow a bit with a different IAC gasket. This would also be the case if your idle hangs high when shifting. Either that or the throttle plate is not completely closed when it should be. You may need to remove the throttle body to set the proper seat of the set screw since you would be able to see both sides of the throttle body when adjusting the throttle stop. There should not be any free play on the throttle plate. If you notice any free play, the throttle return spring may need replacement.

Pro-Dyno
05-14-2006, 11:17 PM
I am probably not the one to answer this since it was not in the general forums. I will offer a suggestion though. My guess is not related to the tune but anything is possible. My first thoughts would be to inspect the surface area of the mounting location of the IAC valve. It could be possible that there is a gasket leak where the IAC mounts to the throttle body. Also if the gakset was cut to match the passage of the throttle body that would allow more air to pass through the IAC valve. You may need to choke off the air flow a bit with a different IAC gasket. This would also be the case if your idle hangs high when shifting. Either that or the throttle plate is not completely closed when it should be. You may need to remove the throttle body to set the proper seat of the set screw since you would be able to see both sides of the throttle body when adjusting the throttle stop. There should not be any free play on the throttle plate. If you notice any free play, the throttle return spring may need replacement.i would check these things usualy we see this caused buy a lean condition at low rpm's does this car have headers and did jdm tune this car or mail order