PDA

View Full Version : Cat back question-street legal???

john_anch_ak
05-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Greetings again fellow SCMS members. I have a question regarding whether or not a set of cats I purchased from Late Model Resto are street legal or not. I purchased the Bassani SS cats, BE-46993 for my '99 Cobra, I ordered them around the end of the year 2004 during our annual "get parts at a discount" club order. I talked with the salesman, told him I what I had and that I wanted to purchase the SS Bassani pipes with cats for my street legal Cobra. Well, many months later along with alot of work she is finally ready to go out into this great Alaskan summer. I just got back from the IM testing center and they tell me they cannot pass my car for emissons because the cats don't have some California sticker on them. (why they care what California does I can't imagine)

Did Late Model Resto sell me a set of non-street legal cats? This is my one and only deal with them as other parts I ordered at the same time were incorrect, (they sent me GT parts, like the MAS and inlet tube) Does anyone have any ideas? If these are street legal, how do I go about getting these stickers? (I never throw anything away as far as receipts and instructions.)
Thanks,
John

blk04cobra1
05-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Greetings again fellow SCMS members. I have a question regarding whether or not a set of cats I purchased from Late Model Resto are street legal or not. I purchased the Bassani SS cats, BE-46993 for my '99 Cobra, I ordered them around the end of the year 2004 during our annual "get parts at a discount" club order. I talked with the salesman, told him I what I had and that I wanted to purchase the SS Bassani pipes with cats for my street legal Cobra. Well, many months later along with alot of work she is finally ready to go out into this great Alaskan summer. I just got back from the IM testing center and they tell me they cannot pass my car for emissons because the cats don't have some California sticker on them. (why they care what California does I can't imagine)

Did Late Model Resto sell me a set of non-street legal cats? This is my one and only deal with them as other parts I ordered at the same time were incorrect, (they sent me GT parts, like the MAS and inlet tube) Does anyone have any ideas? If these are street legal, how do I go about getting these stickers? (I never throw anything away as far as receipts and instructions.)
Thanks,
John
I think what they are saying is they are not CARB legal, which doesnt make sense b/c cats are the reason you stay legal...even the high-flow one's should be CARB legal...i would just call 5-0 Resto and get clarification :thumbsup:

john_anch_ak
05-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the reply, yep, doesn't make a lick of sense to me either. On the way home I stopped at another IM testing center and they told me the say darn thing, I had to have a sticker on each cat with some numbers that say they are legal for street use.

I did email 50 Resto yesterday and I'll follow up with a phone call Monday. I also emailed Bassani to get their feedback also.
Thanks, John

john_anch_ak
05-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I called 50 Resto and their words of wisdom were to contact Bassani, what a bunch of jerks!!:mad: