PDA

View Full Version : Help MACH 460 won't work

Big Daddy
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
My MACH 460 stero system is not playing CD's. It won't eject them, it won't play them it just continually says CD error after trying to eject CD #6. Who can fix this darn thing? Can I take it somewhere besides a Ford Dealer? Should I replace the unit with an aftermarket or get this fixed.... HELP ME!

THANKS!!!

Firme
05-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Would this per chance be a burnt CD? Mine has issue ejecting CD-R's that have the real smooth surface, when parked on the driveway at a slope. I usually drive around and keep trying and power the unit on and off till it spits it out. I have learned to avoid this issue by not ejecting CD-R's while parked on a slope. :D

If this is not the case, disregard everything I said and i would personally go aftermarket, but that will be some $$ after all the parts are said and done. :D

Big Daddy
05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Would this per chance be a burnt CD? Mine has issue ejecting CD-R's that have the real smooth surface, when parked on the driveway at a slope. I usually drive around and keep trying and power the unit on and off till it spits it out. I have learned to avoid this issue by not ejecting CD-R's while parked on a slope. :D

If this is not the case, disregard everything I said and i would personally go aftermarket, but that will be some $$ after all the parts are said and done. :D

No it's a store bought CD, I have had the issue before with burnt CD's so I don't let anyone use them in the car. I am getting a refurbished unit and getting mine replaced then I'm going to have this one fixed as a spare in case it happens again! :thumbsup:

nckissfan
05-23-2006, 05:13 PM
mine does the same thing, every now and then. I do what Firme does, just keep hitting eject, and turning on and off until cd comes out.

blk04cobra1
05-23-2006, 06:27 PM
a local stereo store should be able to get it out for you at a very minimal charge....hell, you might as well get an aftermarket radio, nothing else is stock on that car :rotf:

Mephisto
05-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I had a CD stuck for a long while. I disconnected the headunit after I poured a Latte into my dash and plugged it back in and the CD ejected. It may work to disconnect the battery. It makes the head unit reset, and run through all the locations. Just a crazy possibility.

Big Daddy
05-24-2006, 07:34 AM
a local stereo store should be able to get it out for you at a very minimal charge....hell, you might as well get an aftermarket radio, nothing else is stock on that car :rotf:

That's not true I still have the Stock Air Conditioner! ;) :D

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to get a refurbished head unit and then sell the guy back my unit so I come out a little less than what the guy wanted to fix the unit in my car. :thumbsup:

nckissfan
05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
That's not true I still have the Stock Air Conditioner! ;) :D

:thumbsup:
does it get used?

Big Daddy
05-24-2006, 03:34 PM
The AC?? OH YES IT GETS USED!! ;) :D

nckissfan
05-24-2006, 05:39 PM
I have never run mine;)

Firme