PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on the F1 race this weekend

Bartman01
05-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Just a reminder that Monoco is one of the races that Speed can't carry live - it will be on CBS. Speed will replay later.

Also, sounds like the next set of cameras they buy will be HD. Wonder what that does to us in the US, with Speed (non-HD channel) carrying most of the races.

Firme
05-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Guess that means Speed will need to start broadcasting in HD. :D

Hope you are feeling better Bart.

What time is the race? We will be in Tiki most of the weekend.

Levi
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM
90th running of the Indianapolis 500.
1 pm ET on ABC

Nextel Cup in Charlotte for the Coca-Cola 600.
5:30 pm ET on FOX

F1 in Monaco.
12:30 pm ET on CBS

World Superbike in Great Britain.
1:00pm Race 1 on SPEED
2:00pm Race 2 on SPEED

Champ Car Atlantic in Monterrey, Mexico 5-21-06
6:00pm on SPEED

NHRA in Topeka, Kan.
10 pm on ESPN2

:bounce:

:hello: I am :crazy: about auto :typer:acing.

:woot:

97CasperCobra
05-25-2006, 09:49 PM
:hello: I am :crazy: about auto :typer:acing.

Like we needed to be told you were :crazy: about Racing....... :p ;)

Levi
05-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Like we needed to be told you were :crazy: about Racing....... :p ;)
:lol:

:surprise: Y'all already knew? :rolleyes:

:scratch: What else do y'all know :lurk: I did not know you knew :nope: you knew you didn't know :what: I knew you did not know?

:dizzy:

:p

Andy M
05-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the heads up!! :thumbsup:

I usually watch ALL F1 races, but this year, I've just been too busy. I assume Alonso is cleaning up again? with Michael right behind? When is poor Kimi gonna ever get rid of all the bad luck? He is one of the best F1 drivers of all time, but has the worst luck with his equipment!! :mad:

Bartman01
05-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up!! :thumbsup:

I usually watch ALL F1 races, but this year, I've just been too busy. I assume Alonso is cleaning up again? with Michael right behind? When is poor Kimi gonna ever get rid of all the bad luck? He is one of the best F1 drivers of all time, but has the worst luck with his equipment!! :mad:
Alonso won 2 and placed 2nd once while MS and Ferrari got their stuff in order (blowing engines). MS won the next 2, but barely. Alonso won the last one. Seemed like he dominated, but it may have been a turn of the tables from race 5.

They have to make the engines last 2 races. In race 5, Alonso was on week 1 - MS was on week 2. When Alonso realized he couldn't get around MS he dialed it back to save for 6. In 6 MS got held back by bad luck with the yellows and didn't have enough to get around Alonso after that. My gut feeling is that he eased it back to save the engine for race 7 (his week 2 on that one).

For now, it's Alonso's title to lose (MS has a 6th place and a dnf). Definitely not in the bag yet, but well on the way. Looks like Ferrari and Renault are fairly evenly matched, but with different tire mfgs and the new qualifying system it is hard to tell.

It would be even more interesting if some of the other teams with good drivers (like Kimi) could fix their reliability issues. It would be nice to see a 3-4 man race for the title next year.