PDA

View Full Version : What a day

Jesse99
06-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Who would have thought my day would be like this..
I changed the breaks to the Cobra today and after doing that, I was going to wash the car.. I backed the car a little so I dont get water in the garage.. Go inside to get all my stuff, when my neighbor's son backs into my driveway (From his) and hits my car.. :mad:
I could believe this.. How do you hit a parked car in a driveway!!! :edmond: :doh2:
And to top that he doesn't have insurance.. After talking to his dad, and the fact that his dad is a good friend.. The're going to fix it.. The problem is they don't have money.. So here I go finding a way to help them.. Seems like I'm going to fix it and set them up a payment plan.. Man, I normally wouldn't do this for anyone.. but I do understand the problem the're going through..
All said and done, the damage is---

Bumper (Damaged)
Isolator (Bumper cone) (Damaged)
Tail light (Broken)
Trunk (Cracked)
Small ding on the quarter panel.

I'm also going to need paint for both Trunk, Quarter panel and Bumper..
Wow, What a day.. I just can't help but laugh about what happend :)

Firme
06-09-2006, 07:16 PM
:eek: what are the odds of that. Sorry to hear that Jesse :( Hope they can pay you back in a timely manner. You are a good guy for letting them do that. :)

Twice Bitten
06-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Just remember, "what goes around, comes around!" Someday, someone will repay your kindness :thumbsup: .

Levi
06-09-2006, 10:43 PM
You will receive good karma for your actions. :cool:

jimmysidecarr
06-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Who would have thought my day would be like this..
I changed the breaks to the Cobra today and after doing that, I was going to wash the car.. I backed the car a little so I dont get water in the garage.. Go inside to get all my stuff, when my neighbor's son backs into my driveway (From his) and hits my car.. :mad:
I could believe this.. How do you hit a parked car in a driveway!!! :edmond: :doh2:
And to top that he doesn't have insurance.. After talking to his dad, and the fact that his dad is a good friend.. The're going to fix it.. The problem is they don't have money.. So here I go finding a way to help them.. Seems like I'm going to fix it and set them up a payment plan.. Man, I normally wouldn't do this for anyone.. but I do understand the problem the're going through..
All said and done, the damage is---

Bumper (Damaged)
Isolator (Bumper cone) (Damaged)
Tail light (Broken)
Trunk (Cracked)
Small ding on the quarter panel.

I'm also going to need paint for both Trunk, Quarter panel and Bumper..
Wow, What a day.. I just can't help but laugh about what happend :)

Jesse

I don't care how good a friend they are... get the agreement in writing.
You can figure out a way to do it without looking like a hard A$$.

It will keep your friendship alive. If they were really serious about the friendship ... they would be jumping through the hoops not you!!!

You didn't call the cops... there is no accident report... no one got reported for NOT having insurance... THEY OWE YOU a commitment IN WRITING!!!

It keeps it all honest and on the up and up.

cobrapace94
06-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Man that bites getting hit in your own drive way. As Jimmy said, get something in writing.
Good luck.

Admiral
06-10-2006, 10:27 AM
First off, having no insurance indicates a problem IMHO. I'm afraid your chances of being paid completely and/or in a timely manner are remote. If it were me I'd take legal action NOW to protect my interests. Friends are friends and I'm all for helping out others but that gives you little to go on a year from now.

Hope it works out!

Jesse99
06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
First off, having no insurance indicates a problem IMHO. I'm afraid your chances of being paid completely and/or in a timely manner are remote. If it were me I'd take legal action NOW to protect my interests. Friends are friends and I'm all for helping out others but that gives you little to go on a year from now.

Hope it works out!

Well your right.. After talking to Mr Washington (The Dad) It was clear they have no money.. He's on social security.. All there money is gone after the 1st of the month.. I can understand not having money, I was once there..
Although he is willing to pay, but said he didn't know how long it would take..
I decided to fix my car myself, and if they can pay thats fine.. But I'm not worry about it..
All I told him was, "It's important to have insurance.. The next guy won't be as nice as Me.."
Well I can only wish Mr Washington and his family the best.. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
06-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Jesse...Hope you get it all worked out.