PDA

View Full Version : kb boost a pump?gt pumps?or focus pumps?

03bloodredsnake
06-14-2006, 07:19 AM
just wondering what everyone was going with i just bought a whipple and ordered the focus pumps but then was told why didnt i just order the boost a pumps.so then i returned the focus pumps in exchange for the boost a pumps.then i went to my tuner and he said the boost a pumps were crap and that i should have just stuck with the focus pumps.so now im lost which is better i plan on running 17 psi of boost so let me know what you guys would do thanks!:thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
06-14-2006, 09:01 AM
just wondering what everyone was going with i just bought a whipple and ordered the focus pumps but then was told why didnt i just order the boost a pumps.so then i returned the focus pumps in exchange for the boost a pumps.then i went to my tuner and he said the boost a pumps were crap and that i should have just stuck with the focus pumps.so now im lost which is better i plan on running 17 psi of boost so let me know what you guys would do thanks!:thumbsup:
It's not that the boost-a-pumps are crap, we just dont like them b/c they run off a fuse, if that fuse blows while you're WOT, then you're focked :thumbsup: ...the GT pumps should flow enough to support you and your Whipple :D

03bloodredsnake
06-14-2006, 06:24 PM
so i guess return the boost a pumpa and get the gt pumps instead huh?

InfamousSVT
06-14-2006, 07:41 PM
so i guess return the boost a pumpa and get the gt pumps instead huh?
Yes :thumbsup:

I'd go with the Ford GT pumps or Focus pumps. I currently have the focus pumps in my Cobra with the Whipple and I'm soon changing them out for the Ford GT pumps with upgraded lines etc...
Just make sure when you change out your pumps to get the FPDM modified to handle the extra load.

I had a BAP and it blew my pumps cause it couldn't supply the fuel I needed with the power I was making. BAP's are ok, until you need them on Max duty cycle then they loose there usefullness IMO.

Good luck :)

Ram77mus
06-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Focus pumps, dual lines out of the pumps into one line up to the rails - We have seen 700hp+ with no fuel pressure drop

FactoryFreak197
06-16-2006, 12:00 AM
I am Biased to the GT pumps myself, work great with flow as I upgraded my fuel system with the upcoming twin turbo setup.

03bloodredsnake
06-17-2006, 01:20 PM
so basically what all do i need to have the gt pumps installed.oh and how much are gt pumps more than the bap?it doesnt matter really just curious.i want to do this whipple right not half assed so money is no object i guess.atleast it aint till i run out.also does anybody know what size belt would go on a 3.0 pully for the whipple and will i be able to use my idlers 100mm

FactoryFreak197
06-17-2006, 09:11 PM
so basically what all do i need to have the gt pumps installed.oh and how much are gt pumps more than the bap?it doesnt matter really just curious.i want to do this whipple right not half assed so money is no object i guess.atleast it aint till i run out.also does anybody know what size belt would go on a 3.0 pully for the whipple and will i be able to use my idlers 100mm
I paid 230 or 240 i cant remember the exact number for the fuel pumps, but they are worth especially since you will need it for the whipple:D .

Pro-Dyno
09-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Focus pumps, dual lines out of the pumps into one line up to the rails - We have seen 700hp+ with no fuel pressure drop+1 Boost a pumps burn up pumps