PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Gone

bluebyu
06-16-2006, 01:31 AM
My Father passed away this past Saturday morning. Its kind of hitting me hard right now. He was 59 years young. My sister called me around 4:30 am and was screaming in the phone telling me "Dad is gone". I thought I was dreaming and how bad I wanted to wake up all at the same time. But its no dream. I still feel as if Im in a dream. It hits me harder everyday knowing I cant just pick up the phone and here him on the other end. Its a pain so bad that all I want to do is crawl in to a corner in a dark room. We discovered in early February he had lung cancer and he declined any treatment but it was a heart attack that took him from us. I know Dad has no more pain and I know he's in Heaven dancing and shouting with the Lord but just to hear him say " I Love you son" one more time and me telling him I love You Dad. The song I play so much now is by Jeff Carson "The Car" thats exactly how Dad was. He will always be with me I know. But I sure do miss him. I Love ya Pops!

Hazman
06-16-2006, 07:35 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know exactly how you feel having lost both of my parents in the last few years. I so want to talk with Dad and to give Mom one more hug. Spend time with your family, relive some of those memories, cry togather, laugh togather and treasure it all!

ausie
06-16-2006, 07:36 AM
I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

cobrabitn
06-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Donny,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and please give your family my condolences. I know losing a parent is a tough thing especially when they are so young. I lost my Dad when he was 60 and he still had plenty of life left in him. Keep you Dad in your thoughts, try to remember the good times, and live life like it is your last day. Try to find comfort in friends and family to help you through this emotionally charged time. Most of all, feel free to come here and share your thoughts and prayers with us.

God Bless and I hate it happened so close to your Birthday, wish there was something I could do for you to make it better!

Tony

sssvtcobra
06-16-2006, 12:27 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I know how hard it is to lose a parent. I lost my stepfather which I was really close to last year. You just got to remember all the good times, and everything you learned from him. I know everytime I work on a vehicle, he's there with me.

Keep your head up, and think of good memories.

nckissfan
06-16-2006, 03:56 PM
we will keep you in our thoughts, take care!

mojo dad
06-16-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry to read of your dad's passing. 59 is way too young. I lost my dad nearly 3 yrs ago and although time softens the loss, it's still a loss that will be overwhelming to handle for awhile, it was for me. It's abit ironic that I read this posting after just coming back from the cemetary to visit my dad. I drove my Cobra conv to the cemetary. He never had a chance to see this car, but he would have loved it.

tazzracing1
06-16-2006, 05:35 PM
So to here of your loss, My prayers are with you and your family.

Big Daddy
06-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Donny,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My family and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

RF Cobra
06-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Our family will keep you and your family in our prayers and thoughts. My grandmother died from cancer and the chemo after many months of suffering. We were very close and it was very hard losing her. I found solace in the fact that she was no longer suffering and is now in heaven perfect and whole. While it did not make up for her being gone, knowing she was out of pain and remembering the countless good times we shared slowly helped ease the pain of her passing so that it eventually became bearable.

Allan

Lumpydogs
06-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Sorry about your loss. Try to remember the good times and you'll get through this a lil' easier.

with Deepest Sympathy,

Jeff "Lumpydog"