PDA

View Full Version : 2003/2004 Cobra

Admiral
06-20-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm looking into purchase of a new daily driver and instead of some boring old 4 door I've ventured into looking at 2003/2004 Cobras. Before I take the plunge on a used monster like this was wondering if there are any gotchas or items I should specifically look into on a used (35K miles or lower) Terminator? Any advice/info appreciated.

Edit: If you can point me to some links where I can read up that is just as good!

jimmysidecarr
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm looking into purchase of a new daily driver and instead of some boring old 4 door I've ventured into looking at 2003/2004 Cobras. Before I take the plunge on a used monster like this was wondering if there are any gotchas or items I should specifically look into on a used (35K miles or lower) Terminator? Any advice/info appreciated.

Yea!!

GOOD LUCK RESISTING THE MOD BUG!!!...lol :rolleyes:

Others may disagree.. but I think getting a non-pulley changed car... would be best, unless you know the person and the history of the cars usage.

I'm still amazed at how capable on track and yet civilized on the street........ These cars really are!!! :thumbsup:

I think Scott's car may still be available... It's almost a text book example of nicely thought out mods. :thumbsup: It's the former Bingo 13 car!!! Now sportin a Whipple and a Triangle Speed Shop tune. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
06-20-2006, 02:11 PM
:rolleyes: I may have one for sale......

Happy reading....
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81

sbc.cobra
06-20-2006, 02:20 PM
...snip...

I think Scott's car may still be available... It's almost a text book example of nicely thought out mods. :thumbsup: It's the former Bingo 13 car!!! Now sportin a Whipple and a Triangle Speed Shop tune. :thumbsup:

sale pending w/ a guy from Mississippi. if all goes well, it will be gone sunday

Admiral
06-20-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm looking for a daily driver so I don't need track mods or super pulley's or diablo-tunes ;)

I've got my eye on a blue one here in town and I'm being sucked in like a moth to the flame................. :bounce:

jimmysidecarr
06-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm looking for a daily driver so I don't need track mods or super pulley's or diablo-tunes ;)

I've got my eye on a blue one here in town and I'm being sucked in like a moth to the flame................. :bounce:

EVEN BONE STOCK....YOU"LL LOVE IT!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/MSR%20Houston%202005/smallerSturns.jpg

Admiral
06-20-2006, 04:41 PM
I have seen you guys grinning when coming off track too many times to doubt ya! Thanks for the info/tips/links. :cool:

03bloodredsnake
06-20-2006, 04:41 PM

Happy reading....
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81where did you get that racing number at????

Levi
06-20-2006, 04:52 PM

:crazy:

where did you get that racing number at????
He used a sharpie. :jk:

93KingCobra
06-20-2006, 06:34 PM
where did you get that racing number at????

You can always get one from the club...Click here!!!! (http://www.scmcstore.com/store/home.php)

Or here also....http://www.fordpower.net/store/customer/home.php

Mrs TwiceBitten
06-20-2006, 09:52 PM
How about a Dark Shadow gray convertible? I will gladly put a brand new stock engine in it for you if you do not mind it not being a numbers matching car:thumbsup:

Admiral
06-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Many thanks for the offer(s) but this one needs to be a coupe not a vert. :thumbsup:

Admiral
07-20-2006, 01:50 PM
After weeks of looking and lusting, finally found a 04 Coupe with the chrome wheels. Yellow wasn't my first choice but the price is right! :bounce:

97CasperCobra
07-20-2006, 02:06 PM
After weeks of looking and lusting, finally found a 04 Coupe with the chrome wheels. Yellow wasn't my first choice but the price is right! :bounce:

VERY NICE MIKE!!!! I can't wait to see it!!!

Chrome came stock on '04s :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
07-20-2006, 02:09 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Have fun !!

http://www.scmcstore.com/store/home.php?cat=1

bluethunder
07-20-2006, 02:11 PM

Yellow is always a Nice STAND OUT color. WE've had too many yellow vechiles in our garage over the years.

Congrats though Mike.

Firme
07-20-2006, 02:55 PM

Congratulations Mike :thumbsup: so when does it get the MM treatment :D :jk:

Admiral
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Uh, that probably isn't on the menu. I thought these things rocked out of the box??? ;)

Besides, still got the CMC car for my racing fix although I'd like to take this 04 to the SCMC event in November. See if I can keep up with the rest of you track junkies, lol. :eek:

Larry95
07-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Next to Red, Yellow is my second favorite color.

Congrats -- Your going to love it.

Firme
07-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Uh, that probably isn't on the menu. I thought these things rocked out of the box??? ;)

Besides, still got the CMC car for my racing fix although I'd like to take this 04 to the SCMC event in November. See if I can keep up with the rest of you track junkies, lol. :eek:

;) I know its your daily and you still have the track dominator... but thought I would :spoke: you since I know the thought has bound to have crossed your mind :D

03 cobra toy
07-20-2006, 04:37 PM
;) I know its your daily and you still have the track dominator... but thought I would :spoke: you since I know the thought has bound to have crossed your mind :D

That's just wrong :D

Admiral
07-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, quit picking on me. LOL. Seriously, I'm sure I'll want to do some suspension upgrades but the plan is to drive this car for a few years as-is. :baby:

Although, from what I'm reading, engine mods are just too hard to resist. :thumbsup:

The beater track car will have to suffice for now. :cool:

jimmysidecarr
07-21-2006, 12:36 PM

As far as rock right out of the box goes... IMHO...

THEY DO!!!

I think you will be very pleased... and perhaps even a little surprized... when you finally get to turn it loose!!!

Someone with your level of experience and talent will really light it up with that car!!!

Wait before you get it on some scales till after you drive it a bit.... You will then be even more shocked that that much weight can feel that nimble and have that much grip!!!

My first mods were sub frame connectors(Global West)... and brake cooling hoses... and a K & N drop in element....

That's it!!!

Eventualy I got a flash tuner to get my fans on earlier... and a set of only slightly stickier street tires... I went from the 280 Eagles to a 220 Sumitomo...

Ask the rest of the guys... these cars really do rock right out of the box!!!

I never even changed the factory alignment!!! :eek: A little more front negative camber would have helped my outside edge wear quite a bit... as well as taking out some of the factory "safety understeer"... although for a street car I thought it was fairly neutral as long as you are using at least some power through the turn. It seems to take a nice set and only very rarely needs to be power slid.

Your mileage may vary... :D

Admiral
07-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Well, I'm back in the market. :rolleyes:

Dealership sold that car out from under me despite my commitment to buy. Needless to say I'm not happy with them and they can rot in, well........................... :mad:

03 cobra toy
07-21-2006, 04:42 PM

Dealership sold that car out from under me despite my commitment to buy. Needless to say I'm not happy with them and they can rot in, well........................... :mad:

PM sent

cobrabitn
07-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Mike,

We can find you another one! :thumbsup: But that dang yellow is hard to find... :(

Admiral
07-21-2006, 06:12 PM
No sweat, I appreciate all the help thus far guys. I'll get me one, color not that important as they all look good to me! :D

jimmysidecarr
07-21-2006, 06:54 PM

Those rotten bastages!!! :mad:
Hang in there there are lots of nice ones out there... :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
07-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Mike there is one out there for you somewhere....

Admiral
08-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Well, despite being highly motivated and cash in hand I failed to find a clean unmodified 03/04 Cobra in my price range so I opted for a new 06 Mustang GT instead. Sorry to fall short but for the price I couldn't resist a brand new car.

I'll join up legitimately with the SCMC club someday I hope! Thanks for all the help along the way folks.

bluethunder
08-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Well, despite being highly motivated and cash in hand I failed to find a clean unmodified 03/04 Cobra in my price range so I opted for a new 06 Mustang GT instead. Sorry to fall short but for the price I couldn't resist a brand new car.

I'll join up legitimately with the SCMC club someday I hope! Thanks for all the help along the way folks.

You'll LOVE the newer '05-06 Stangs.
Let me know if I can help ya with any questions on these cars.

Admiral
08-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks Joe! I'm gonna do the daily driver thing in this car for quite a long spell. No mods, yeah - right! LOL.

bluethunder
08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks Joe! I'm gonna do the daily driver thing in this car for quite a long spell. No mods, yeah - right! LOL.

The Biggest and Best BANG for the BUCK on these cars is getting a Tune to take out the Throttle delay!

03 cobra toy
08-17-2006, 11:03 AM

naaa you did fall short ;) The new Mustang is a great car :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
08-17-2006, 06:07 PM
naaa you did fall short ;) The new Mustang is a great car :thumbsup:

Ditto that!!! :thumbsup: