PDA

View Full Version : Fyi

cobra2112
06-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Working on the Cobra this afternoon and noticed a wire cut behind the battery.
It was rubing against the sheet metal bracket that holds the fuse block(I think) up behind the battery. Not sure what this wire is but it was a small green and a large black w/orange stripes wire. I taped it up and cut a spare piece of rubber tubing down the center and stuck it on the end of the sheet metal. Kinda like the rubber protecting strips that go on the edge of a car door. I would post pics but I don't know how. I have a 04 Cobra. It could just be my car, but I thought it would be something for you guys to look out for. :cool:

spincobra03
06-23-2006, 10:17 PM
426 rwhp and 452 rwtq?? with all those mods. was it a dyno jet or a mustang dyno?? I have almost the exact mods except i dont have the bigger throttle body or the heat exchanger and I made 468 rwhp and 513 rwtq. just curious thats all, not trying to poke fun.

cobra2112
06-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Not sure what kinda dyno.

ausie
06-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Could you tell where the wire(s) went to at the other end? It may just be cut remains from the wire harness if it was removed/replaced..... Hard to say what they could be connected too it they are unless you had the wire diagrams for the electrical connections.

Are you the original owner? if not it may have been an aftermarket power amp connection (depending on guage of wire) or a security system. If you are the original owner, may have been a dealer installed aftermarket security system and it was removed so it can be installed on another vehicle based on customer demand. If it was a ford goof up, which reminds me of the positive battery terminal cover I found stuck and burned up against the header ( I guess they figured out I did not need it since they did not put another one on it.).

Now that you have my curiosity brewing I will have to take a closer look at my own vehicle.

cobra2112
06-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I took another look, and these wires run to the motor side(passenger side) of the fuse box. I'm also the original owner too. It looks like they could be routed a little different depending on who assembled the car so it could just be me.

I updated my sig, and removed my dyno numbers too. The cars pulley and tune are now stock. Wow! I have a shift light a again! lol:bounce: