PDA

View Full Version : Rear Gear Install in Cincy Area?

coreseller
06-28-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm looking to get a Gear for my '01 Cobra, Called a popular shop here in Cincy in the Blue Ash area who quoted me $900, too much for me. Has anyone had a gear install done nearby and if so what was the cost, thanks.....Mark.

dewone
06-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Well the gears themself cost around $200.00. Having not done one myself I wouldn't offer to help install, until perhaps I had done my own successfully first. As far as shops here in Cincy I do most my own work so I'm not much help there either. $900 seems abit much to me though. I'll ask around.
What part of the Cincy area you from. I live in West Chester.

coreseller
06-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm on the west side, Cleves. I called another shop in Cincy and they quoted $450 labor plus gears (in defense of the first quote of $900, that included gears, bearings, lube, etc.). I have a guy who works at a local garage who I thought would be a shoe-in for this install but the IRS spooked him, it's too bad, he's as detail oriented and self conscious that I've ran into.

blk04cobra1
06-30-2006, 09:18 AM
$700 is a fair price for a gear install...most of that is the labor involved in setting up the rear properly.