PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Fun Ford Weekend

bluebyu
07-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey all, Its time for another Fun Ford Weekend in Bristol this coming August 5-6. Are we having a get together this year? Steph and I will be arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday evening. Hope everyone can make it this year.:)
BigDaddy, You gonna be there?

Cobra4me
07-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Do have any details??

bluebyu
07-05-2006, 10:21 AM
I know there is the car show sat & sun, Qualifying for mod motor and others is sat and sun is the finals for quarter mile track drag racing.:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
It's not in the plans for this year. BUT I'm not getting to go to Mustangs at the beach the weekend before so I MIGHT come over for Saturday only. I'll have to see what's happening at work.

STANGBUM
07-06-2006, 10:35 AM
:stupid: same here, a few of us might come Saturday to check things out. ( I hope the improve on the vendors that they get this year, not to good last year) :(

RR03Cobra
07-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Do have any details??
A few of us will be heading up from G-vill Sat. morning. Maybe we could meet on HWY 26 somewhere?

BadMoFo
07-16-2006, 12:16 PM
trying to see what is going on so I can try to roll with the g-ville crew.

p.s. blubyu you stole my avatar! :cheers:

Big Daddy
07-16-2006, 06:22 PM
A few of us will be heading up from G-vill Sat. morning. Maybe we could meet on HWY 26 somewhere?

I live off of exit 24 on I26 north of Asheville. It's north of the Patton Ave Bridge and the part of I26 and I240 that run together. Just let me know what time you'll be coming through.

bluebyu
07-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Sorry BadMoFo. I liked it so much I stole it and I aint given it back:rotf:

I think were going up Friday afternoon. Of course we make a trip out of anything. Staying at the Comfort Inn. One of my friends will be there too cuz he's racing that weekend in Mod Motor class. Hopefully their will be a good turn out this year with the Club. I know the vendors last year sucked but lets just look at it as a get together for the club and increase the memberships plus we get to enjoy some killer racing. Remember we represent SCMC so lets all meet this year and have a good time. Personally we had a blast last year, Got to meet some fellow members and watch the races. Please forgive me if I seem like Im standing on a soap box here but lets just be thankfull we have the oppurtunity to do things like this. Be thankfull for the friends and family and what we have in life. Some folks would love to attend something like this, But they cant. There off defending our country so we can enjoy it. Tony and Lisa and everybody that helps put these things on are pretty special folks. Not many people can jugle a family-career- and this all at the same time and yet some how they do. I guess after my Father passed it kinda put everything in to focus for me. Lets enjoy life and everything it has to offer. Because we are only on this big spinning ball of dirt one time. So lets make the best of it and go out there and recruit some more members. Wow, I sounded like my ball coach!:D Remember we have Charlotte coming up right around the corner too.:bounce: :bounce:

Cobraboy
07-19-2006, 01:25 PM
I will be there running true street

lorahcobra
07-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Crystal and I will be there Sat & Sun. If Jason can swing it with work, he will be there, also. :thumbsup: Probably need some relaxation after all the crusin' we plan to do at MustangWeek! :cool: :bounce: See 'yall Saturday morning. Steve

BadMoFo
07-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Sorry BadMoFo. I liked it so much I stole it and I aint given it back:rotf:

thats ok, had it custom made for me a couple of years ago, I have started seeing it around more and more, might be time for me to switch to my other one I had made. its all good. :thumbsup:

RR03Cobra
07-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Josh,
What time are ya gonna be rolling through here?? Jason, are ya rolling with us?? :thumbsup:

wvmystichrome
07-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Hows gas prices down that way Big Daddy (Greg). My wife's been complaining that you just never know from one day or one hour to the next what its going to be. Thinking about trailering the Mystichrome down if I get my trailer ready in time. Last year on Sunday the judges went thru the whole car during judging and I had to open up my trunk and all our clothes and such were in there. Thought it would be easier than trying to take 2 cars. If I could only get a volunteer from around here I would take the 90 GT and put it on track like I used to. The lady who ran the car show last year came over and said they were trying to get it lined out to put the car show on the other side of the creek. It would be in the parking lot for the speedway and put True Street where we were last year. She said that way everyone could stake their tents in the grass across from their cars and be able to watch them.

RR03Cobra
08-04-2006, 11:19 PM
We are going to be headed out or G-ville around 7-7:30 a.m. stop in at the Waffl House in Travelers Rest (right on 25), grab a quick nibble, then head on down 25 to 26. I am thinking around 8:20-8:45 maybe? To be heading up 25 to 26/ What time are ya rolling out BD? I'lll send ya my number, give me a call in the morn if ya wanna join up? Hey Josh, give me a call in the morn too and let me know your plans!! I'll wait if you are running late LOL :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
08-05-2006, 10:21 AM
We are going to be headed out or G-ville around 7-7:30 a.m. stop in at the Waffl House in Travelers Rest (right on 25), grab a quick nibble, then head on down 25 to 26. I am thinking around 8:20-8:45 maybe? To be heading up 25 to 26/ What time are ya rolling out BD? I'lll send ya my number, give me a call in the morn if ya wanna join up? Hey Josh, give me a call in the morn too and let me know your plans!! I'll wait if you are running late LOL :thumbsup:

Sorry guys, I'm working this weekend in Birmingham, AL. I had to stay to verify a copy from one set of Computers to a new set. This is all the hospitals accounting information and inventory so it's kinda important that it's correct! BUT it means I miss another event. Sometimes this job can really SUCK!

wvmystichrome
08-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey Greg. You definitely missed the heat. A lot of people that came on Saturday did not come back Sunday as the heat and humidity was a killer. Bill Alexander said Sunday during the awards that they had better plans for next year. Hopefully that meant they were going to let us use the two big, huge tents they were putting up next to where the car show was. I sure hope so. I went out and bought a canopy after you so graciously let us sit under yours last year and was told we could not put them up this year. They said some had blown over last year on top of people's cars. I don't remember that happening but can't be sure. A lot of people around us said No canopies, No returning next year. Some people actually put their canopies up across the creek and over near the swap meet areas and sat there. Overall there was a pretty decent turn out BUT Saturday's awards were won by the same old people. They were even laughing how one man always won a top 25 no matter what he drove in. He actually had pictures from the first car show there. I'll try to get some pictures up for everyone to see once I get them uploaded to photobucket.

Big Daddy
08-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Well I'm sorry I missed the FUN! Who else from the club made the show? I'll be calling ahead next year to find out about canopy's because I'm with the crowd on this one "NO CANOPY NO ME"!! Take care! :D :thumbsup:

STANGBUM
08-08-2006, 07:30 AM
:stupid:

just kidding Greg.... ;)
yes, we had some friends go down on Sat. and they said it was very hot.
I don't remember any canopies blowing over last year and we were there Fri. Sat. and Sun. They just said they had to be in the grass and not on the asphalt :cool:
But Greg is right no canopies no me's :thumbsup: