PDA

View Full Version : Routine Maintence

Nates Cobra
07-04-2006, 07:00 PM
New onwer of a 03 cobra, need help with routine maintence? Is there a manual or a worksheet I could buy? Ower before me did not have any. He did suggest that I change the oil and the tires soon. Can you guys HELP?

InfamousSVT
07-05-2006, 01:40 AM
Only thing I can suggest is to change the oil atleast every 3000 miles, use only 93 octane or higher and while you get the oil changed it wouldn't hurt to have them check the alignment.
Sounds like the guy before you didn't have a passion for his car. Is it stock? Cause if it has a pulley I'd get to a dyno and check the a/f on it to make sure you're safe. :thumbsup:

Good luck and have fun with it.

beerkat
07-05-2006, 08:45 AM
You can use Haynes Mustang shop manual for lots of information that the Mustang and Cobra share. It does not cover those things that are Cobra specific.

www.helminc.com (http://www.helminc.com/) is where you can get Official Ford shop manuals. Get the one for the Mustang that matches the year of your Cobra. These manuals cone on CD and cover the Cobra as well as the stang.

Nates Cobra
07-05-2006, 02:05 PM
The cobra is stock and the previes ower was abit of a car junky. He had about 10 cars total.So I osume the guy like cars!

ausie
07-06-2006, 12:52 PM
it is possible that the manuals were never obtained by the original owner. I had a hard time getting the owners manual when I bought my 2001 Cobra from the dealer, it took 10 weeks to get them. The hayes manuals do have a maintance schedul in them as well as the usual stuff. I have not looked at one for the mustang yet but have one for my 96 Explorer.