PDA

View Full Version : JP Montoya to leave F1 for.......NASCAR.

Bartman01
07-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Press conference going on Speed right now. Going back to work for Chip Ganassi who just lost Casey Mears to another team.

Admiral
07-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I saw that. Not that JPM was setting the world on fire in his F1 season of late but still a feather in the cap of NASCAR I would think. Of course, I'm a NASCAR nut so what do I know lol. :D

Andy M
07-10-2006, 09:48 AM
not a particularly big shocker to me.... I've always felt JPM was more talk than show in F1. He complains too much for my taste. More DO and less TALK would better IMHO! He is a real :baby:

At any rate, I am not sure he will be any better where he is going?...

Levi
07-10-2006, 10:59 AM
He want to get back to racing and he will have plenty of that to do. He did not say this, but it's more then just NASCAR with it's door to door racing. With the window open to do Bush, IROC, Daytona 24 and Seabring 12 Prototype stuff and maybe some open wheel, like what Tony Stewart is doing. He will get to do alot of racing and will have a blast doing it, no mater what the out come is or how he will finish in the races.

He said it,
8 to 12 hours travel just to get to race 2 hours, verses get to do 4, 8 or 12 hours of racing and spend 3 hours getting home.

Eric_red94
07-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Look for him to do well fairly quickly. He is a racer.

Miguel
07-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Good move. F1 is in a rut. And good for staying out of the sad joke open wheel racing has become over here. Can't wait to see him trade paint with Tony Stewart.