PDA

View Full Version : CJ Pony Parts Customer Appreciation Day

ausie
07-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Not a bad trip, the weather was perfect and the show on the 8th of July was great. There were a few over 300 mustangs that showed up (mine was number 303) and I was parked in the upper lot next to a yellow 05. A handful of cobra's of almost every year could be found along with the various models of mustangs from the very beginning to current pony. There was even a pair of Pantera's that made it to the event along with one Ford GT in the showroom. After about 1:00 pm the street out front became active as patrons of the show lined the sloping yard out front to watch the smokey burnouts which was haulted shortly after the state trooper parked out front next door. It definately was an event to remember and one to return to the next time around. :thumbsup: If you missed this one, there is always next year. CJ Pony Parts is planning to add more to their facility and they keep expanding. They are planning on adding a full body shop as well as a dyno to increase their tuning capability.

cobrabitn
07-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Very cool Ausie...did you look for SCMC window decals to see if anyone else was there? Hmm...all those Cobras....membership applications if there weren't any??

nckissfan
07-09-2006, 07:05 PM
looks pretty cool, lots of nice cars. That would have been business card city for me:thumbsup:

ausie
07-10-2006, 06:15 AM
I did look for decals for member's rides. My car was the only one that had the decal. I was only able to talk to one of the other cobra owners at the show since I caught him cleaning off the dust after pulling in. Of course I told him about the club to come in and check us out. (see picture of sonic blue Cobra below). He also seemed to be a candidate for a dub pulley system since he often swaps pullies and flash code to go racing. He asked me where I topped out at and also added many owners of these cars are too scared to find out. My answer was 175. His goal was to hit 200mph which he has been working to achieve. I also got a rear end shot of a Roush stage 2 mustang and a classic Texas police car. If you keep a lookout at the CJ pony parts web site they will post pictures of the show there and possibly pictures of the burnouts out front (I put my camera away too soon). http://www.cjponyparts.com/CADVI.asp
You can see some of the other car show event pictures in the link. As soon as they have the CAD6 photos available I will post the link to them. :thumbsup:

ggrab
07-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey Ausie - looks like it was a good show. I used to live about 5 minutes away from where CJ's is located now. Back when I had my '67 coupe I used to buy parts from them. They were at different location back then. It was pretty small and crappy. They have come a long way from what I hear. When I had my '85 GT (after the '67) we used to do a bit of street racing out near where CJ's is located now (before I quit that doing crazy stuff like that). The Harrisburg/York areas always had a huge Mustang crowd when I lived in that area, looks like that is still the case. I used to run with a group of about 10 other Mustang guys around the Harrisburg area back in the early 90's. My '85 GT was running low 13's in the 1/4 mile and was by far the slowest car in the group. We used to have some fun!

By the way, I also used to live in Bethlehem (from age 5 to 19). I spent a bit of time in Allentown with my summer jobs. We would make it out to Allentown Central Catholic basketball games every now & then to see Ed McCaffrey (spelling?) play. Do you remember him?

Anyway, thanks for the great pics and for stirring up some good memories. Makes me want to hop in the Cobra and go lookin for a good street race right now. Oh, wait a minute, I quit doing that, didn't I?

ausie
07-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Yes it does, that whole day made me want to head out to the track. The only thing missing was that smell of race fuel in the air or that unmistakable smell of NOS or nitro methanol along with the robust odor of spent tires. :D

ausie
07-21-2006, 06:42 AM
http://www.cjponyparts.com/CADVIweb2.asp

Here are some of the pictures that CJ pony parts has on their web site from the show, the top set shows some of the burnouts from out front :thumbsup:

Cool, at least three pictures that had my car in them :D (the only silver 04 with the 10th anniv. wheels)

I will definately attend another CJ PP show, it was worth the trip out. :thumbsup: