PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit!?

99cobra~
07-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey guys I don't know if this is the best place to ask questions about this but I will because you always seem to have the answers I am looking for! Well I have been looking into getting a new bumper for my 99 cobra because the one on it now has a few dings and was backed into at wal mart the other day. Anyways... I have been looking on ebay and they want about 350$ shipped to me for just the bumper so I decided to look at body kits... well I like the saleen kit and the stalker kits on ebay. I am wondering why they are so cheep on there ( arround 500-600 ) this includes the front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper. I am assuming that instaling and painting all this stuff costs a lot? I dunno give me your thoughts guys!!!

SMOKE
07-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm a bit biased .... and cheap wouldn't really follow my recommendation.

REASONING for the 'inexpensive' pricing ... probably falls into the fit and finish. Although without a reference I doubt they would qualify as OEM.
It could be a lot in stock also, although when I ask around it appears a lot of SALEEN pieces are on some back order most of the time.

I'd check the sellers rep and see who else would vouch for the product.

Y2KCOBRA88
07-30-2006, 05:33 AM
Hey guys I don't know if this is the best place to ask questions about this but I will because you always seem to have the answers I am looking for! Well I have been looking into getting a new bumper for my 99 cobra because the one on it now has a few dings and was backed into at wal mart the other day. Anyways... I have been looking on ebay and they want about 350$ shipped to me for just the bumper so I decided to look at body kits... well I like the saleen kit and the stalker kits on ebay. I am wondering why they are so cheep on there ( arround 500-600 ) this includes the front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper. I am assuming that instaling and painting all this stuff costs a lot? I dunno give me your thoughts guys!!!
EMAILED

nckissfan
07-30-2006, 07:10 AM
I agree with the fit and finish. In my opinion, I would stay with the Cobra parts, but it is your car, so do as you wish. Those body kits will add weight to the car, not a lot, but enough.

have you looked at www.50resto.com (http://www.50resto.com) yet? They have the rear bumper for $369, and the it looks like the shipping is only $135 for oversize parts. You may check with them again on that. They are a good place to go through.

InfamousSVT
07-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree with the fit and finish. In my opinion, I would stay with the Cobra parts, but it is your car, so do as you wish. Those body kits will add weight to the car, not a lot, but enough.

have you looked at www.50resto.com (http://www.50resto.com/) yet? They have the rear bumper for $369, and the it looks like the shipping is only $135 for oversize parts. You may check with them again on that. They are a good place to go through.
+1 :thumbsup: