07-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Where did everyone get their roll bars?

What manufacture do you recommend?

Roll bar is my next purchase for safety (duh!) but mainly so that I
can properly install safety harnesses.

Let me know.

SuperG
07-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Autopower makes bolt-in roll bars. I believe Maximum Motorsports sells them...

beerkat
07-19-2006, 10:30 AM
AutoPower is the way to go. You can go to their site an see if there is someone close to you and save some shipping cost.

venomnous99
07-19-2006, 07:40 PM
And if you are willing to put up the money, look into rhodescustomauto.com. They custom build anything you want, and have done quite a few Mustangs and Cobra's. They are easy to talk to. And they will return with a quote if you describe roughly what you want, or the specs you have to meet. But they are pretty proud of their work also.

blk04cobra1
07-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Autopower does make a nice piece for bolt on's...if you want a permanent cage, then i'd suggest a custom built one...6pt will probably run you around $700 installed...i'll post some pics when mine is complete :thumbsup:

pat-b
09-04-2006, 12:38 AM
A rool bar is really very good for a car. Stiffens chassie along with providing safty for the driver. Good Investment.

Hazman
09-04-2006, 07:23 AM
I was able to get the best price on a bolt in Autopower from one of our vendors, Brad's Custom Automotive.

http://www.bradscustomauto.com/

You will need to order the 2" tubing since our cars weigh over 3500#. Also I recommend you get the non-removable harness bar and cross brace since with the rollbar in the back seat is unusable any way. The paint that Auotpower puts on the bars is crap but they tell you this upfront that it is just to keep the bar from rusting in shipment. I had mine powder coated before I installed it. Install takes about two hours if you have some help. Well maybe a little longer if you have not put several in as I have. Give me a shout if I can help.

If you are willing to spend the money a 6-point custom will stregnthen the chassis even more and help reduced flex.

Good luck and safe tracking!!!:thumbsup: