PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels

Evilcartman
07-17-2006, 08:47 PM
We bought four new wheels that came free with a vehicle to hold them together. :bounce: After four and a half years we traded in the Taurus for a Fusion. It runs pretty good and handles great. 221 hp and 205 tq with a 6 speed automatic makes it stay in the power band. The stereo is sweet and the leather looks longer lasting than the Taurus leather. Getting it tinted this week and the K&N is on the way. We got every option except heated seats. Window sticker was $26,200 and we got it for $22,000. Angela wanted white or light silver, but we couldn't find one. Kevin likes the new car also. I just hope we have as much good luck with this car and we did with the Taurus.

93KingCobra
07-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Sweet man those are nice cars.... :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
07-17-2006, 09:41 PM
What a deal for 4 new rims/tires....and the car to hold them together. :p

jimmysidecarr
07-17-2006, 11:51 PM
You are driving one of the keys to Ford's future right there. :thumbsup:

I have heard nothing but good things about them!!.... and the Milan/Zephyr...

Only down side I can think of, with you being a horsepower fan, is the 3.5 V6 is due out very soon..
I think in 07...
I'm hoping they do a HOT ROD VERSION!!!

But who knows if they will have it all dialed in... at least the 3.0 DOHC 24 valve is a known quantity.

It's a great engine!!!

:thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
07-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Is that a crack I see on the windsheld??? :D

Damn! I can see it from here... ;)

Evilcartman
07-18-2006, 08:11 AM
You are driving one of the keys to Ford's future right there. :thumbsup:

I have heard nothing but good things about them!!.... and the Milan/Zephyr...

Only down side I can think of, with you being a horsepower fan, is the 3.5 V6 is due out very soon..
I think in 07...
I'm hoping they do a HOT ROD VERSION!!!

But who knows if they will have it all dialed in... at least the 3.0 DOHC 24 valve is a known quantity.

It's a great engine!!!

:thumbsup:

Yeah, the bigger engine, all wheel drive and Navigation are coming out in either '07 or '08. I would rather wait until the engine has been out for at least a year though, so that makes it at least two years before I would want the 3.5 L. Maybe it would be a good replacement for the Ranger in a few years. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the silver border on the clear tail lights.

Effective the day we bought it was the new warranty coverage offer by Ford, even though we bought ESP Premium.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/features/news/detail/index.asp?id=1540

Andy M
07-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Congrats Keith! Great looking car. I do agree with you however on the tail light assemblies. Who the heck do they have doing design on these things? some 15 year old ricer punk?? Otherwise, a great looking car. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
07-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Congrats Keith! Great looking car. I do agree with you however on the tail light assemblies. Who the heck do they have doing design on these things? some 15 year old ricer punk?? Otherwise, a great looking car. :thumbsup:

The dark colored cars make the silver stick out even more. I was thinking about a tinted vinyl cover that Barry makes, but I need to get approval first from the owner. :D

03 cobra toy
07-18-2006, 11:01 AM
:thumbsup: Nice ride !!

Firme
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Congratulation to you two. I really like those cars, sans ricer tail lights.

I like the new warranty coverage as well.

Levi
07-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Is that a crack I see on the windsheld??? :D

Damn! I can see it from here... ;)

Hey Uncle Todd,

Kiss my butt !!!!!!!!!

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5685&stc=1

It does look like Kevin said that.............. :rotf:

:cool:

Evilcartman
07-18-2006, 02:54 PM
No joke.

Firme
07-18-2006, 03:26 PM
dang he's growing up quick :cool:

Blownsvtlightning
07-18-2006, 09:50 PM
dang he's growing up quick :cool:

Too bad his daddy hasn't :rotf:

Evilcartman
07-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Too bad his daddy hasn't :rotf:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CobraSusie
07-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Fusions are really nice looking cars, when I bought the 2005 Focus ST,
that was the other car I was looking at, I had to recently trade the Focus in and go into something that would accomidate both my handicapped child and my paintwork (cars parts etc.)

ended up getting a Escape;)

How does that car do on gas? city and highway?
Thought about maybe getting one as my husbands next work car,
(he drives over 3000 miles a month) :eek: so we're definately looking for efficiency :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
07-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Fusions are really nice looking cars, when I bought the 2005 Focus ST,
that was the other car I was looking at, I had to recently trade the Focus in and go into something that would accomidate both my handicapped child and my paintwork (cars parts etc.)

ended up getting a Escape;)

How does that car do on gas? city and highway?
Thought about maybe getting one as my husbands next work car,
(he drives over 3000 miles a month) :eek: so we're definately looking for efficiency :thumbsup:

Angela wanted an Escape for a long time, but in the end choose the Fusion. Mercury and Lincoln have their versions of this car also that seem like a nice option. I'm not sure on the MPG since we have yet to put gas in it, but the window sticker says 21/29 I believe. The dash info center says we are getting about 21 with me driving it to work. That is for the V6. Get the 160 HP 4 banger and I believe it jumps to around 32mpg. The main thing is how well it drives. It is very comfortable and still sporty. Another thing, the Audiophile blows away the Mach systems in the Cobras. I highly recommend anybody looking at a 4 door to at least test drive one of these. If you want a more fancy car, look at the Lincoln since it has cooled/heated seats, DVD Navigation, THX surround sound, memory seats, and a bunch of other goodies.

97CasperCobra
07-19-2006, 10:19 AM
the Audiophile blows away the Mach systems in the Cobras

I'll agree with ya there. The Focus has it along with the 8" sub and it really sounds amazing.

Carl G
07-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey Uncle Todd,

Kiss my butt !!!!!!!!!

It does look like Kevin said that.............. :rotf:

:cool:

It must be MineMe

Evilcartman
07-30-2006, 09:35 PM
It must be MineMe

You know that is right.

Bingo13
08-04-2006, 01:17 AM

Is it me or does he look just like Scott?

Your card arrived today. Will ship tomorrow. :D

Great looking car! :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
08-04-2006, 12:06 PM

Is it me or does he look just like Scott?

Your card arrived today. Will ship tomorrow. :D

Great looking car! :thumbsup:

Yes he does, besides the fact that he is not ugly. That is more of an insult to Kevin than me. :D

Sounds good on the card. I will look for it.

Levi
08-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes he does, besides the fact that he is not ugly. That is more of an insult to Kevin than me. :D

Sounds good on the card. I will look for it.

Kevin is not ugly because he looks like his mother.

:p