PDA

View Full Version : Cannot ID 2 Reg's in Coolant System

SuperG
07-21-2006, 08:06 PM
There are 2 regulators, each attached at opposite ends of a hose, which appears to be coolant related. The hose is in the front of the engine bay, behind and just below the fan motor and runs left to right. The part number is the same for each and is F6ZE-9F491-DA, but I cannot find what this is. The passenger side regulator has an aluminum tube connected to it.

I ask because I would like to reroute it a bit since it makes removing and installing the supercharger a real pain.

I would need to find another tube to connect it, thus lengthening it toward the front of the engine bay. Most likely some more coolant hose would be needed as well.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

SNAKEYE
07-24-2006, 03:25 PM
There are 2 regulators, each attached at opposite ends of a hose, which appears to be coolant related. The hose is in the front of the engine bay, behind and just below the fan motor and runs left to right. The part number is the same for each and is F6ZE-9F491-DA, but I cannot find what this is. The passenger side regulator has an aluminum tube connected to it.

I ask because I would like to reroute it a bit since it makes removing and installing the supercharger a real pain.

I would need to find another tube to connect it, thus lengthening it toward the front of the engine bay. Most likely some more coolant hose would be needed as well.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Technically they are the "Secondary Air Injection Diverter Valve". They are part of the air injection from the air pump, to those "regulators", and then into the exhaust manifolds. So don't be mucking around or you'll be finding trouble you don't need (as in a broken tube along with an air pump DTC). That whole rig is a pain when installing/removing a Vortech. As I recall, getting that one little bracket with that one dumb bolt is a REALLY BIG pain! You literally can't see where to install it. Have to do it all by feel, and against the opposition of the hoses and such. Just bear with it, hopefully you only need to do this once!

SuperG
07-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Technically they are the "Secondary Air Injection Diverter Valve". They are part of the air injection from the air pump, to those "regulators", and then into the exhaust manifolds. So don't be mucking around or you'll be finding trouble you don't need (as in a broken tube along with an air pump DTC). That whole rig is a pain when installing/removing a Vortech. As I recall, getting that one little bracket with that one dumb bolt is a REALLY BIG pain! You literally can't see where to install it. Have to do it all by feel, and against the opposition of the hoses and such. Just bear with it, hopefully you only need to do this once!
Thank you Sir! So Don't Touch! OK, I won't...mostly because I am quite good at mucking things up! BTW, I did notice they went into the exhaust manifolds, but I thought I was seeing things!

SNAKEYE
07-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Thank you Sir! So Don't Touch! OK, I won't...mostly because I am quite good at mucking things up! BTW, I did notice they went into the exhaust manifolds, but I thought I was seeing things!
Your eyesight is just fine. Just take it easy when re-installing the blower.