PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Bodies For 94 Cobra

Choppers
07-23-2006, 05:45 PM
I just recently purchased a 94 Cobra that has had alot of custom work done to it. Being new to the Cobra scene I need some help to figure out what kind of throttle body I need to use since the throttle rod broke on my car last night. It has a 70mm BBK throttle body on it right now. But I was thinking about going with a 75mm Throttle body. The only problem is everyone that I have seen mentions port matching the manifold. But I'm not sure if I should go with another 70mm or a 75mm. Any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated

Eric_red94
07-23-2006, 08:52 PM
if you are going naturally aspirated with heads, cam, etc, port match a 70 or 75 up to 90 with a tfs. If you are going sc, 65mm with support 700hp or so.

Choppers
07-24-2006, 12:09 AM
What does port matching mean? Will the Throttle Body not just bolt up? The car has heads, cam, headders, exhaust, 73mm mass airflow sensor, mac cold air induction and an upper intake spacer. I was wondering what fuel pressure I should be running wit hall of these mods. I never knew that choosing a throttle body could be so confusing. Should I go back with a BBK 70mm like what was on it? Also do you know how I can get my SVT certificates from Ford? My local Ford Dealership had never heard of SVT when I contacted them and asked them about it. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif

cobrapace94
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
For a non power adder, a 70mm would be good with heads, intake & cam. If stock, then a 65mm.