PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

LOUDERMILK64
07-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Here's the story my cobra won't start and not sure what happened to it? I was sitting in the car wash and it died once fired backed up went to dry it off and now won't start, here some crap that someone else added to it maybe you know some tricks I don't BBk cold air intake, 6.70 mm eledbrock throttle body, BBk under drive pullies, Msd 8.5 mm plug wires, Accel 300+ ingintion. Not sure if I have it towed to ford it they would have a clue since after market? The battery is still strong so thats not it? Help

cobrabitn
07-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Something in the engine is still wet. Try the following:

1. Dry out distributor and check all plug wire connections on top for water.
2. Check coil wires and other wires going o the spark plugs to make sure they are dry.
3. Check battery connections to make sure they are tight and all ends are tight to both the battery and the engine/starter.

Either way, if it is wet, when it drys out, it will start right back up. :)

LOUDERMILK64
07-24-2006, 11:11 PM
we had it fire for a second then it quit and wouldn't fire again. So I hope that if I give it some time things will dry out and fire. But it has been 3 or 4 hours now and no luck? Thanks

LOUDERMILK64
07-25-2006, 02:24 AM
still no luck, been about 7 hours

ausie
07-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Inspect the starter connections. Sometimes the cable that conects the positive voltage to the starter may be corroded or broken. Also inspect the ground strap as that may corrode over time too. However if it does crank over but not start, it may be the coil(s) or the igintion module. Check for a fuse on the ignition module if there is one or could be the connections to it that may be wet or loose.

LOUDERMILK64
07-25-2006, 02:09 PM
I guess it was the ingnition box that went out, so ford is going to take it off and put it back to stock, no big deal. Stock is better anyway? Thanks for the ideas though.