PDA

View Full Version : magnaflow

97BlackSnake
07-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with Magnapack cat backs. How is the quality? Do you like the sound? Everything else in the exhaust will be stock for now. Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

Dan

Lumpydogs
07-27-2006, 05:00 PM
I've got the Magnaflow X-Pipe w/ cats and Magnaflow mufflers. I like the sound. Not real loud at idle but has a nice growl without being over-the-top during acceleration.

Cobra4me
07-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I've got the Magnaflow X-Pipe w/ cats and Magnaflow mufflers. I like the sound. Not real loud at idle but has a nice growl without being over-the-top during acceleration.I think your asking about the magnapacks I had some on my cobra for a short time I thought it was too loud. So I finally went back with the regular magnaflows and catted maggie xpipe just right for me

97BlackSnake
07-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Thanks for your input guys :thumbsup: When you had the magnapacks did you have the stock h-pipe? I do want it to be pretty aggressive but I don't want it to be rediculously loud. Do you guys know of any sites that have some good sound clips? I've been listening to some on mustangexhaust.com.

Thanks again for the help :thumbsup:

Dan

Cobra4me
07-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks for your input guys :thumbsup: When you had the magnapacks did you have the stock h-pipe? I do want it to be pretty aggressive but I don't want it to be rediculously loud. Do you guys know of any sites that have some good sound clips? I've been listening to some on mustangexhaust.com.

Thanks again for the help :thumbsup:

DanNo I also had the Magnaflow catted xpipe when I had the magnapacks. I am a member of mustangexhaust.com I really think they have alot of people there with experience with all kinds of different setups. Post there and you should get some more feedback

97BlackSnake
07-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks again

Topher
07-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I have magnaflow catback on my stock h and stock headers...... It sounds great, mean and loud but not too loud. Camera broke so I cannot run out and get you a video clip :/

nckissfan
07-28-2006, 06:40 PM
would love to hear that, please:thumbsup:

Topher
07-28-2006, 06:55 PM
I will see if I can get the thing working :P

97BlackSnake
07-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah, that would be great! Do you have the regular magnaflow's then, or the Magnapack's?

Topher
07-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Still working on it, I'm not sure they were on the car when i purchased it. No markings on the exhaust except on the end of the tip it says magnaflow performance.... not sure if that helps determine which it is :/

97BlackSnake
07-29-2006, 03:07 AM
If the mufflers are round then they are the Magnapacks. If they are more oval like the stock mufflers then they are the Magnaflows :thumbsup:

Topher
07-29-2006, 05:40 AM
then they are NOT magna packs, they actually look like stock mufflers. Couldn't get the camera working but a buddy and I are heading out tomorrow to get some video of the cobras ill be sure to have him record a lil bit of the exhaust.

------------------

Alrighty gonna go get a better idle video and a couple of fly bys. Was just making sure my camera was working when i took this short idle vid:

http://media.putfile.com/97CobraStockHeadersStockHMagnaflowCatback-Low-qual-IDLE

(http://media.putfile.com/97CobraStockHeadersStockHMagnaflowCatback-Low-qual-IDLE)Sorry its super crap quality

Topher
07-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Here you are, slightly better. Idling and a couple fly bys.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=check_download&ufid=BAA0175A59FCFC96&key=e640a056ebf33ff4a3d3235e96b28899f43483f1

sorry its kinda big
and no I do not intend to keep this setup

nckissfan
07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
so you don't like the setup? It sounds good, nice deep tone.

Topher
07-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I want to get the bassani o/r X and the mid length headers.... the last owner welded these cat backs to the mid pipe. So instead of trying to get them off I figured I would just go full bassani

nckissfan
07-30-2006, 10:50 PM
oh, ok. I like the sound. The only thing I don't like is the tips. They look really big. I know that is the way they are, but just a bit big for me. Maybe if they were cut at an angle on the end, they may look a little better to me. Thanks for posting that up, it gives me a good idea what Magnaflow would sound like on the 97. I am still trying to figure out what to get.

Topher
07-30-2006, 11:11 PM
No Problem. I have my dislikes about the tip size aswell, I think it just grew on me hehe

Topher
07-30-2006, 11:43 PM
I am having many people tell me on svtperformance that these are flowmaster mufflers with magnaflow tips. That would explain why it is welded on :o possibly not the best vid for magnaflow then hehe.

97BlackSnake
07-31-2006, 02:06 AM
Yeah, it looks and sounds like they're flowmasters. They do sound nice though. Thanks for the video :thumbsup: