PDA

View Full Version : turtle wax ice

mrpork
07-28-2006, 05:49 PM
:mad: it is the worst stuff(i wont even call it wax) i have ever used.All it did put a coat of something on the paint.IT SMELT LIKE SOME TYPE OF OIL. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR PUT ON A NICE COAT OF MOTHERS YOULL BE MUCH HAPPIER IN THE LONG RUN.

InfamousSVT
07-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up, sorry to hear that you weren't happy with it.

Zaino works very well if you are in need of a good wax :thumbsup:

kilroy
08-06-2006, 04:45 AM
I use it with great results & hands down the easiest/quickest polish I've tried.

Sorry you lost $16 tryin it.

Turtle Wax ICE (http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/11/01/147113.html) introduction

ausie
08-06-2006, 10:33 AM
I would agree that it seems oily, but I have had great results with it. Not quite sure what the long term effects would be but so far I am pleased with it. Another use I found for it was to remove the shoe polish that they mark your windshield with at the drag strip. Took it right off without having to scrape it. :thumbsup: I have tried other products to remove the markings but nothing worked as good as this.

mrpork
08-06-2006, 02:54 PM
if it removes your shoe polish(from your windshield) just imagine what it is doing to your cars paint trust me ive done autobody work for over 20years. a little elbow grease wont hurt you or your car :thumbsup:

Ram77mus
08-06-2006, 05:00 PM
:mad: it is the worst stuff(i wont even call it wax) i have ever used.All it did put a coat of something on the paint.IT SMELT LIKE SOME TYPE OF OIL. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR PUT ON A NICE COAT OF MOTHERS YOULL BE MUCH HAPPIER IN THE LONG RUN. Thanks for the info, I have heard this a lot

mojosvt
08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I think you are mistaken, it is not a wax, and it is not suppose to be a wax. It is a polish, and that is all it should be used for. I just used zaino this past weekend. I did the clay bar, and then 4 coats of thier wax (which was strange putting on, only give ya one oz, so I was putting it on super thin, and then I had a ton left over, so i did a 4th coat:rolleyes: ), and a coat of thier gloss enhancer.Then this weekend the car was a little dirty before the show, so I gave her a quick bath, and then used a light coat of the ICE!!! That is where this product shines. On a freshly waxed, clean car... the color was probably the best it has ever looked:eek: . Quick and easy to put on, and really does a great job!

03slidewayzSVT
08-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Well now I'm confused..Is it good or does it suck???? Well I guess I'll buy a bottle and try it on the wife's car first...hehehe:D

mojosvt
08-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I love it!!!!

cobrabitn
08-07-2006, 08:00 PM
This is what I use www.zainocharlotte.com :thumbsup:

kilroy
08-08-2006, 01:47 AM
I love it!!!!+1 :thumbsup:

MarcInJapan
08-10-2006, 01:35 AM
I have seen it and wondered about the results.

Personally, I think that NXT is some of the best over the counter wax out there.

ausie
08-10-2006, 06:57 AM
I have used and probably will still use the NXT from time to time as well as other stuff like P21S wax, Mothers multi step, Mequires, etc.... But after trying out the Ice it seems to do a very nice job. I may try waxing it first (with P21s or Mothers, or any of the other products I have) and then use the Ice. What I do like about it is that I can used it on the plastic trim without a gray or white film left. The ice product is similar to the Super Glaze Carnauba wax from "the wax shop" but far better.

spitfire
08-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Zaino is the one and only product I use! :thumbsup:

mojosvt
08-11-2006, 08:02 AM
I agree...Zaino is the bomb. I just really like the ice polish goes on so easy, and works on both the paint and the trim so well. So Zaino....then Ice:D

BadMoFo
08-14-2006, 01:03 PM
I use the cleaner, but not the wax. the cleaner works great for that touch up you are looking for after a wax. never tried the wax.

trent03dsgcobra
09-01-2006, 07:30 AM
I've tried just about everything and this is the best stuff I've ever used, nothing else has ever come close...
use this Swirl Eliminator and Polish
http://www.prowax.com/polish.shtml
and follow it with this Satin Creme Wax http://www.prowax.com/waxes.shtml

I promise you will not be disappointed!!

mrpork
09-01-2006, 08:17 AM
does it take away water spots to

ausie
09-01-2006, 09:24 AM
removal of water spots? If you are referring to the usual spots from after washing the car the easy way to make them dissapear is to wipe off with a damp towel if they are residual detergent deposits. If the car is already dried off, clay bar and the lubricating spary that comes with it will remove water spots and other forms of fallout. One thing I have noticed after using the bucket-less car wash sprays (mother's, or turtle wax) is that I do not get the usual water spots I used to get when I washed off the car with a bucket and car soap. I have even used the claybar with the car wash sprays and that works out great. There is always that mr. clean car wash system but since that is not compatible with my pressure washer I have not tried it. I always dry the car off with forced air from an electric leaf blower (motor from the shop vac doubles as a leaf blower when you remove it). I have noticed that on occasion there may be some waterspots on the rear glass and the Ice seemed to clean it right off. I have also seen some on the plastic trim under the wipers but it did not remove the spots. It is not a cleaner wax so it will not remove water spots left behind from washing. A cleaner wax is fine to use but do not use it too often as it can lead to fine swirl marks in the clear coat and if you have a dark color paint it is more noticable than on a silver, yellow, or white color. I have used cleaner wax to remove swirl marks as well as other products (polishing compound with a buffer) on the black cobra I used to have. That paint was almost perfect but was prone in revealing water spots after washing the car. Clay bar was the only way I found to remove the spots.