PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Whipple Question

Y2KCOBRA88
07-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Hello, I Just Installed A New Whipple On My 04 Cobra. Runs Really Nice.. Pulled On My Buddies 2.8 Pullied Eaton Really Good. But At 80 Mph It Just Bogged Down. Found The Lower Vacuum Line (actually The Two Red Ones That Come Together On The Back Of The Charger) Just Blew Off. I Put A Hose Clamp On It And It Has Held Since. But Now I Am Afraid To Run The Car Hard Over 60.

Does Anyone Know What May Be Going On With My Car Or Is This Normal?

NO 5 OH
07-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Hello, I Just Installed A New Whipple On My 04 Cobra. Runs Really Nice.. Pulled On My Buddies 2.8 Pullied Eaton Really Good. But At 80 Mph It Just Bogged Down. Found The Lower Vacuum Line (actually The Two Red Ones That Come Together On The Back Of The Charger) Just Blew Off. I Put A Hose Clamp On It And It Has Held Since. But Now I Am Afraid To Run The Car Hard Over 60.

Does Anyone Know What May Be Going On With My Car Or Is This Normal?

It probably bogged down because it blew the line off. I dare say you lifted when that happened as vaccum leak can cause the car to go lean. Lean A/F = motor saying adios :eek:

Go over all the vaccum lines on the blower, etc. under the hood of the car and ziptie ALL OF THEM. I did this on my Whipple for my Cobra and haven't had any problems. The 2.3L is capable of compressing much more air than the Eaton and Ford didn't really design those parts to stay attached at twice the amount of boost than what they originally intended ;)

I've saw 23 psi on a Mustang Dyno with no trouble with zipties on the lines.

Hope this helps,

Shannon