PDA

View Full Version : emblems stolen

gtdrivr
08-04-2006, 04:51 PM
The cobras on my fenders were stolen about 3 weeks ago. I bought new ones and put them on before I left for NY. I noticed when I got here that they werent too gentle taking the passenger side one off and gouged my fender. The paint is about 4 weeks old and has scratches on the hood, too. If anyone notices cobra emblems with blue eyes (subtle, but painted to match my calipers), take note. I'll take them back, but I'm using a die grinder to get them off. This is the 3rd time the cobra has been messed with since I moved to TX. I'm starting to get PISSED OFF!

Firme
08-04-2006, 04:56 PM
OUCH, not only did they mess up your paint, but its Mystichrome at that... :( :mad:

Sorry to hear about that man. Was this in Baytown...might be time for a garage or a relocation to Houston :dunno:

97CasperCobra
08-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Sucks man....same thing happened when I bought my car back in '99 from the dealership. No emblems on the sides(marks in the paint where they were prying to remove them) and they also took the SVT on the trunk. The trunk was so bad that when it rained water got between the paint and body it'd bubble up. If finally had to repaint the trunk.

Sorry it happened man....time for some steak-out at your house with a laser-sighted AR-15. ;)

Levi
08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Sorry to hear. :mad:
Some people just do not have any respect for other people’s property.

kencobra
08-04-2006, 09:06 PM
How was the 24 hour challenge getting to N.Y. ?

gtdrivr
08-04-2006, 11:38 PM
it was about 32 hours. We took the long route through the smokey mtns and up through the blue ridges. I'm taking the shortest route possible on the way home.

spitfire
08-07-2006, 04:06 PM
That's terrible, those are so cheap to buy at the dealership, and to steal them only shows the ignorance of some people! Mine stays in the garage, and everytime I take it out, I worry about jerks out there who do stupid things like that!

Terminator X
08-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune bro:mad:

gtdrivr
08-08-2006, 05:17 PM
May have found them. A GT down the road has popped up with cobra emblems on it. When I get back to TX, we have to investigate.

Firme
08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
May have found them. A GT down the road has popped up with cobra emblems on it. When I get back to TX, we have to investigate.

:eek: :jason: :blast: :starwars: :shockwave :vampsmile :chairshot :getsome: if they have blue eyes..

gtdrivr
08-08-2006, 06:59 PM
:wildguy: :wildguy: Hmmmmmmm.....the chain saw looks like a good idea, but the chair bashing would be more drawn out. :getsome: