PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

SSStang
08-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Just got a 99 SVT Cobra convertible, currently its bone stock. My previous car had quite a bit done to it, performance wise, but it was time to get rid of it.

Admitedly, this is my first V8, hell its my first mustang, so I have no idea really of where to start on modification. Performance enhancers only please, and I plan on keep it N/A for now also.

Any help is apreciated, and oppinions are welcome.

nckissfan
08-07-2006, 06:04 PM
you could start with a short throw shifter from MGW. JLT makes a great looking, and very functional cold air kit for the Cobras. They can be painted to match the car. Exhaust can be upgraded, with a good catback system. There are several companies that work well, like Bassani, Magnaflow, or Borla for example, just get stainless.

SSStang
08-09-2006, 05:02 AM
STS sounds good, but one question; How much can the stock clutch/flywheel take? should I be considering an upgrade in that department? what about the stock transmission?

Thanks
-Brian

Firme
08-09-2006, 08:31 AM
STS sounds good, but one question; How much can the stock clutch/flywheel take? should I be considering an upgrade in that department? what about the stock transmission?

Thanks
-Brian

If you are staying N/A for now, they should be able to handle all the bolt-ons.