PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE these new gears!!!!

97CasperCobra
08-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Everything was installed and it's so very quiet. The gears are amazing....it has woken up the car like I couldn't imagine. I can't wait to get this car on track to see how the rear end responds. With the new gears/rear-end I just may have to drive this car more than just weekends or open-track events. Now it's time to Porter Cable this baby and get her ready for the car show. :thumbsup: :cool:

Thanks to Jimmy and David for all the advise...... :thumbsup:

.....and:banana:to FINALLY beating Stan at getting a mod done first. :p

Levi
08-16-2006, 05:34 PM
:rotf:

You got me.....Till I do the 3.90's and then will see which gear's best for open track. :D

I am glad it all work out good for you. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
08-16-2006, 05:41 PM
You got me.....Till I do the 3.90's and then will see which gear's best for open track. :D

yea yea....we shall see. Till I get a T56 and a power adder..... :p

I forgot to thank you as well man.....You've been an inspiration for me Stan, a cool guy with a cool car and such a cool attitude as well. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
08-16-2006, 06:12 PM
That is great to hear!!!

Both gears ratios are pretty street friendly... yet both should produce some excellent neck snapping torque multiplication. :thumbsup:

I used to run a 3:91 gear in my 52 pickup... with no over drive :eek: ... It was a nice gear for street strip... I ran a taller tire on the street to calm it down a little.

Both you guys got 5 speeds though so they both should be more than civilized. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
08-16-2006, 06:21 PM
my ONLY complaint is my odometer is not working and when I put in a call to Slater's they said the gear in the dash must have sheered off and it's a $200 repair job!!! :eek:

I'm currently seeking other options....like doing it myself!!!

cobrapace94
08-16-2006, 07:06 PM
my ONLY complaint is my odometer is not working and when I put in a call to Slater's they said the gear in the dash must have sheered off and it's a $200 repair job!!! :eek:
I'm currently seeking other options....like doing it myself!!!

If the speedo is working & the odometer is not working, it is a gear inside the gauge cluster. The cluster has to come out and taken apart to replace the gear. You cannot get the gear from Ford, but Slaters sells the gear (for like $80 to $100)(which I did) or you can order from http://www.odometergears.com/ for $25 for each gear, there are 2 in there, but you might only need 1, not sure till you get it out. I've done mine, not too bad, like 2 hours not knowing what I was doing. Here is a very good how to on Stangnet, here: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=605742&highlight=speedometer
Do it yourself..... :thumbsup:

Glad you like the gears :thumbsup: .

97CasperCobra
08-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Do it yourself..... :thumbsup:

Glad you like the gears :thumbsup: .

thanks for the help and info Darrell!!! :thumbsup: I'll buy ya a beer next time I see you.....which reminds me...don't be such a stranger man!!! :D

Levi
08-17-2006, 09:20 AM
yea yea....we shall see. Till I get a T56 and a power adder..... :p

I forgot to thank you as well man.....You've been an inspiration for me Stan, a cool guy with a cool car and such a cool attitude as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the nice words, right back at you. :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
08-18-2006, 12:39 AM
You two get a room. :D jk

Stan, I hope when I'm as old as you I can drive as good as you.:thumbsup:

Levi
08-18-2006, 10:44 AM
You two get a room. :D jk

Stan, I hope when I'm as old as you I can drive as good as you.:thumbsup:

:love:

I don't :dunno: know if I should tell you to kiss my butt :moon:
or should I say Thank You. :thumbsup:

:D :cool:

Carl G
08-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Talk is cheap :D Take it to the track you two. :thumbsup: We will match it up against the black vert abd see if you can pull me out of the turns ;) Come on November :bounce: