PDA

View Full Version : Video: MSR Houston - David M. (aka 03 cobra toy) In Car

Firme
08-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Finally!!!

Here is the in car video of David M. (03 cobra toy) @ MSR Houston during the LSR-PCA event April 22-23, 2006. GREAT VIDEO of the Cobra vs. the Porsches :D

Warning: The video is LONG (20 minute session). 50 Meg video..

For broadband users only, unless you like waiting the whole day for a video. :D

If you want the high quality, ask me, but its 200+ megs
:rotf:

Please right click and save as. Trying to watch it off the link without saving first won't work too well.

MSR Houston in Car - David M (http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/videos/msr/DavidINcar_MSR-04-2006.wmv) 50 meg file

mrpork
08-18-2006, 11:33 PM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS AWSOME DO THEY REQUIRE CONV. TO HAVE ROLL CAGES IN THEM AT ROAD COURSES:thumbsup:

Firme
08-19-2006, 02:07 AM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS AWSOME DO THEY REQUIRE CONV. TO HAVE ROLL CAGES IN THEM AT ROAD COURSES:thumbsup:

Yup :)

97CasperCobra
08-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Damn David....I'm surprised you car ran so well after eating up so many guys on track. ;)

My how they have changed MSR since we were there in Dec.....I like. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
08-19-2006, 10:22 AM
It's about time you put up the video :thumbsup:

'03 Cobra Toy Track dog, you know you want to do that again, really soon :D

93KingCobra
08-19-2006, 11:30 AM
David is the man....who else could pass up the whole field and almost pass the first guy he passed for a second time.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Admiral
08-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Great video and driving David! Man, that thing sure scoots when you get it pointed straight - ROFL. :D ;) :D

Anyone else notice how the driving got stepped up a few notches after the silver whale-tail pulled David over the launch? I was loving it, nice job reeling him back in through traffic, you can tell he was really trying hard to get away when he pulled that stunt pass on the Black bimmer at the end of the back straight.

Nice to see that left hand come out the window finally. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
08-19-2006, 12:46 PM

It would have been a white flag if he had one, he must have been French :thumbsup: :D

Carl G
08-19-2006, 12:48 PM
That was some great driving David. :thumbsup: Thanks Edmond for posting.

03 cobra toy
08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Great video and driving David! Man, that thing sure scoots when you get it pointed straight - ROFL. :D ;) :D

Anyone else notice how the driving got stepped up a few notches after the silver whale-tail pulled David over the launch? I was loving it, nice job reeling him back in through traffic, you can tell he was really trying hard to get away when he pulled that stunt pass on the Black bimmer at the end of the back straight.

Good eyes Mike ;) sometimes the reserve kicks in :D

Thanks guys...Thanks Edmond very nice Video !!

jimmysidecarr
08-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Awesome!!!

The guy in the blue car was in denial...

I hope he doesn't need therapy now after that spanking .... by a Mustang!!! :p

Great driving David!!!

SuperG
08-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Awesome!

Is it November, yet?!

Admiral
08-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Awesome!!!

The guy in the blue car was in denial...

I hope he doesn't need therapy now after that spanking .... by a Mustang!!! :p

Great driving David!!!

You're right, therapy is probably in his future. ;)

He was owned and although I thought he did a good job getting off of the corners (hey, that's what Porsche's do!) there was simply no contest when it came to the straights and even in the braking zones David had him covered. :thumbsup:

I always enjoy watching domestic muscle kick some import tail. Especially some whale tail! :D

Andy M
08-20-2006, 08:36 PM
David,

Great job buddy!! :thumbsup: You make me so proud! ;)

Your car sounds soooooo good under hard acceleration!! :D

Levi
08-21-2006, 09:55 AM
This should be required reading for all class room newbies before doing an SCMC Open Track events.
Edmond that was excellent editing of the video.

David, well it looks like school was open and the porches where at the tail of the class.

At least I had some five seconds of fame as you blew bye me. I would like to know why everyone else gets the peace sign and I get the finger, whats up with that. ha ha.

03 cobra toy
08-21-2006, 10:56 AM
At least I had some five seconds of fame as you blew bye me. I would like to know why everyone else gets the peace sign and I get the finger, whats up with that. ha ha.

Sorry... No time to give you the two finger pass ;)

Levi
08-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Sorry... No time to give you the two finger pass ;)

It's true............. One thing to see it on video and another to watch you pull away right in front of me,,,,,,, man you have the move's.............. Damnit, you could drive the wheels of a covered wagon going through a water crossing aaaaand never get wet. :thumbsup:

Sonic Blue
08-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Great video. I just moved to Texas in May and I'm hoping to get to go to MSR sometime soon. Looks like a really nice course. I did my first in car video at Sebring International, I wish I had it at Homestead.

ORANGE CRUSH
08-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet video Edmond!

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat driving Dave!

I feel like I just got out of driving class. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Great video. I just moved to Texas in May and I'm hoping to get to go to MSR sometime soon. Looks like a really nice course. I did my first in car video at Sebring International, I wish I had it at Homestead.

SCMC on track @ MSR Houston, Nov 11-12, 2006
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11869

:spoke: :spoke: :D

Levi
08-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet video Edmond!

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat driving Dave!

I feel like I just got out of driving class. :thumbsup:

Was that cool or what? All kinds of pointers to doing a lap around MSRH or any track. He shows the proper line, the way you need to wait for the point by for the chance to pass and how to properly make the pass. The hand signals for saying thanks and how to notify other that someone in front of him was exiting the track ahead of everyone. After seeing this video I really hurt for some track time.

03 cobra toy
12-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I NEED SOME MORE TRACK ! ! :mad:

Carl G
12-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Patience my son, Big Bend will be here before you know it. :thumbsup:

Admiral
12-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Patience is too hard for me in my old age... :rotf:

kencobra
12-30-2006, 03:22 PM
That video was great and I think the only car that David did not lap was his own, kick ass job of driving. I would like to ride shotgun some time but I am not a fan of puking.

jimmysidecarr
07-27-2008, 09:59 PM
TTT

For a little much needed track therapy.

I sure hope the Doc gives me the go ahead to continue this incredible hobby!

97CasperCobra
07-27-2008, 11:58 PM
I sure hope the Doc gives me the go ahead to continue this incredible hobby!
I second that Jimmy!!!! Would not be a track event if you were not there on the pavement with us.
:thumbsup:

Exige
07-28-2008, 12:07 AM
TTT

For a little much needed track therapy.

I sure hope the Doc gives me the go ahead to continue this incredible hobby!Im hoping to try and keep up with you this year, so you better get well.