PDA

View Full Version : Summer Drag Day?

stylin99
08-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Now that the SCMC drag day has become so popular and a has a guaranteed outcome of lots of cars, what's the chance of adding another one during the summer months?

On the winter side of the calendar we only wait 4 months between them, but on the summer side, we wait 8-9 months. Doh!

I look forward to this event every year because of the laid back atmosphere and the good conditions of "The House of Hook". :D

Tony what can you do to satisfy my withdrawal symptoms?

cobrabitn
08-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Steve,

I think the issue is all of the other events going on like Mustang Week, FFW, SCMC events and then you throw in the heat and that's pretty much why we stick to the Spring/Fall events. By the end of February, everyone is ready to hit the strip and the Fall event is gaining popularity, too.

This year, we'll be doing a 4 foot trophy to the 2 bracket winners! :thumbsup:

We've been thinking a "Top 25" Car show for the Fall event. Do you think Ford owners would be interested??

stylin99
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
That's cool. I knew those were probably the reasons. :D

As for a car show, that's iffy. I like the all-race atmosphere but a car show would bring more spectators, which might be pretty cool. Carolina Dragway is an odd location, so it might be tough to attract show-goers at first.

nckissfan
08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
the cooler air is a lot better for the snakes!:thumbsup: