PDA

View Full Version : Boo!

Aaron94
08-27-2006, 02:57 AM
No posts in 30 days?!!? What, did everyone besides me upgrade to a modular Cobra? Everyone hates pushrods now or what?? :D

93KingCobra
08-27-2006, 11:06 AM
There are a few straglers now and again...I love my pushrod.... :love:

cobrapace94
08-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Push Rods rule... :thumbsup:
No new mods for my 94 for a while, not my choice, just my wallets. :)

cobrabitn
08-27-2006, 06:16 PM
I really like both type engines but my 94 Coupe is really cool to drive on the open track. I'm waiting on AFR to ship my heads back to me as the ones I waited for for over 4 weeks were defective and I had to send them back. I hope this will end the saga and I can have this thing ready for the track. I'd like to see what it would do in the 1/4 mile since I added 55 rwhp to it and 70 ft lbs of torque. My numbers are pretty much close to yours now Aaron, maybe a tad higher. :)

Next purchase...2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Diesel Automatic Crew Cab, 4 X 2, with an XLT trim package. (Should I go Rio Red or Wedgewood Blue with Gold accent on the lower body panel?) :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
08-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Next purchase...2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Diesel Automatic Crew Cab, 4 X 2, with an XLT trim package. (Should I go Rio Red or Wedgewood Blue with Gold accent on the lower body panel?) :thumbsup:

That Wedgewood Blue is sweet:thumbsup:

RF Cobra
09-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Rio Red is a little much on a vehicle that size IMO. The blue looks really good on them. :thumbsup:

Are you going to be happy with the XLT seats? Personally I hate them and will get a limited since the seats are much better, especially on long trips. I wonder if the Cobra seats would work in it or in an Excursion?

Eric_red94
09-01-2006, 09:31 AM
My aluminum driveshaft was rubbing the e-brake bracket and the floorboard. Took off intrax springs in back put on bbk spec. rate. Also replaced stock control arms with granetelli adj. uppers and lakewood lowers. Plants the tires alot better now and no rubbing, but my Nitto's are just about toast. Also, have a small oil leak from around the pan or main seal (so much for my bulletproof forged shortblock). Also, have a pinion seal going bad (maybe result of the driveshaft). Finally, the stupid thing decided to vapor lock on my inclined driveway and overheated, so now the thermostat is stuck wide open (I had just flushed and filled and replaced it days before). Thought I had all the air out. Race cars are fun!! Keeping me from going to Michigan, disappointed to say the least. I'll try to post some pics of the new stance on the car with the control arms. Might still be able to get that 11sec run this year, hopefully. Proof positive that if you want to make 500rw hp and torque, your car better be ready for it.

Almost forgot the torched header gasket at the last bolt! Exhaust leak makes a nice ticking sound.