PDA

View Full Version : Ford Ring & Pinion Kit

ggrab
08-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I ordered a Ford Racing Ring & Pinion Installation kit from Summit thinking that I would get going on installing the 3.73 gears in my '94. The box showed up with RATECH in big red letters on the top of the box. No metion of FORD anywhere on the box. I opened it up and there is a mixture of Timken and Koyo bearings inside. I've never known Ford to use crappy Koyo bearings. I returned the kit and got the same thing back again. Summit tells me that this is the exact kit that they are receiving directly from Ford Racing. Sounds like B.S. to me! Does anyone know if what Summit is telling me is true?

kxt
08-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I prefer timken bearings. Don't know about the Koyos. Anyway I got an R&P install kit from Holcomb motorsport in lumberton NC, I also asked for FRPP and got Ratech. Must be what they are sending.

ggrab
08-29-2006, 03:27 PM
I called the Ford Racing Parts tech line today and they verified that the Ratech box I receieved from Summit is indeed the FRPP installation kit. It's good to know that Summit was honest with me (I've never had a problem with them before) but I am not very happy with FRPP. I do not think they should have those Koyo bearings in their kit. Maybe Koyo has improved quality in recent years? My wife used to sell bearings, belts and hoses a few years back and she refused to recommend Koyo bearings to anyone because of quality issues.