PDA

View Full Version : Injector cleaning Tech Day...

97CasperCobra
08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I know Henry wanted to do this as did I, so I thought I'd see who else was interested. FSTFRD(James) said he could do it. Let's try to get this done sometime in October(cooler weather and it's before MSR). Location and price will be determined at a later date. So post up and I'll get the list started. :thumbsup:

bluethunder
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Ya'll are welcome to use the shop for this, and if anyone wants to use the lift for anything then they can use it as well.

97CasperCobra
08-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Ya'll are welcome to use the shop for this, and if anyone wants to use the lift for anything then they can use it as well.

Thanks for the offer Yoey!!! :thumbsup:

Mind if I run the car by?? I need to get under the car as I think the exhaust is knocking against the body....loose bolt?? Let me know man.

We could DEFINATELY use the shop for a Tech Day before MSR(Bleeding brakes, changing rotors/pads, coolant fluids)....if you're up for it.

SuperG
08-31-2006, 05:19 PM
In my case I need to replace the injectors, but sooner than October...like next weekend!

97CasperCobra
08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
In my case I need to replace the injectors, but sooner than October...like next weekend!

replacing injectors is easy......right?? Just pull and plug....:dunno:

bluethunder
08-31-2006, 05:27 PM

Mind if I run the car by?? I need to get under the car as I think the exhaust is knocking against the body....loose bolt?? Let me know man.

We could DEFINATELY use the shop for a Tech Day before MSR(Bleeding brakes, changing rotors/pads, coolant fluids)....if you're up for it.

I guess if folks from this club want to use the lift for something they are welcome to as long as I don't have a car on it. A small Payment can be made in the form of RED BULL or cash.

Got a Single 76mm turbo kit ordered today for a friends car so that will be fun to do, and hopefully have it done and tuned by FFW Ennis so we can go out and make some runs at the 10's.

bluethunder
08-31-2006, 05:28 PM
replacing injectors is easy......right?? Just pull and plug....:dunno:

a little more to it than that. Need to remove the fuel rails or get them up high enought o pul the injectors out and replace them. But it's always good to pull the rails and check for crap or build up too.

bluethunder
08-31-2006, 05:30 PM

Mind if I run the car by?? I need to get under the car as I think the exhaust is knocking against the body....loose bolt?? .

I think it's a loose screw between the steering wheel and the seat, but bring it by........I got a yellow car than needs some detailing done :D :D

97CasperCobra
08-31-2006, 05:34 PM
I think it's a loose screw between the steering wheel and the seat, but bring it by........I got a yellow car than needs some detailing done :D :D

:lol:....that screw's been loose for some time now. Lok-tite won't even keep it in. :p

I can detail the Yeller car once I master the Porter Cable. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
09-01-2006, 09:25 AM

Are you sure they need replaced? Are you upgrading them or just want some new stockers? The cleaning does wonders and most of the time corrects any atomizing issues that you could be having. When I worked at the dealer, we fixed towed in vehicles with this cleaner. 4.9 inline six was the worst at plugging injectors.

Mephisto
09-01-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm in if I am in town.

SuperG
09-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Are you sure they need replaced? Are you upgrading them ...
Upgrading! Stock injectors and a supercharger are ok at best...

97CasperCobra
09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm in if I am in town.

I'll be sure we do it when you're in town since you were the one who brought it up before... :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
09-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I am in for my Turbo equiped Camry

bat-stang
09-02-2006, 09:35 AM
The Batman is in.

93KingCobra
09-02-2006, 01:09 PM
I might as well do it also... :thumbsup: