PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storage

mrpork
08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
what if any thing do you fine people put their think i should do for the winter . i was going to put the car up on stands and remove the tires. possible wrap the rotors. any thing else i should do :thumbsup:

ausie
09-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Definately test the coolant for freeze protection as well as check the PH (should be more basic than acidic). Do not drain out the coolant unless you plan on replacing it right after you drain it since you may need to start up the motor periodically to keep charge on the battery and to recirculate the fluids do reduce the chance of rust or oxidation of the moving internals. Perhaps changing the oil would prevent any of the suspended deposits from settling on the pan. If you have a paper air filter in the air box, that is just begging for rodents to make a home out of the filter or intake tract. They will invade up to the metal screen and chew on every thing in their way. That should be the first place to look for any damage before starting up the motor after long term storage. You may want to place rodent traps in the same area you are storing the vehicle.

Big Daddy
09-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Move south and don't put the car up for the winter!! :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

mrpork
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
dont worry when i retire im moving down south :thumbsup:

puzzle13
09-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Hell, don't move south and don't put it up in the winter. Drive it as long as there is no snow on the ground. If that doesn't work ... like Big Daddy said "move South"!

mrpork
09-01-2006, 05:59 PM
i use coal to heat the house so i put the snake behind the coal bin. just cover her up, thats why i was asking if their is any thing special i should do to her

BadAss03Cobra
09-03-2006, 10:47 PM
add some fuel stabilizer to the tank also. even though it's only a few months some fuel can start going bad after 60 days