PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good shop in Michigan

cobra9915svt
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
I live in the Detroit area, and I am looking a for a good bump shop to take my 99 to. I recently had a shop install an 04 hood and rear bumper, only to find out that the 04 hood doesn't match up with my 99 front bumper. Needless to say I need the 04 front bumper, but would like to try another shop.

On a side note, I am interested in figuring out what build number my cobra is. Is it a part of the VIN? Any info on these two concerns would be appreciated. thanks,'
Bryan

cobrabitn
09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
1-800-FORD-SVT for the VIN number.

There is a shop in MI that is supposed to be good, I think it is called Lane Automotive but not sure of the town. Of course, you could always stop at the manufacturer since you live in Detroit... :rotf:

Lumpydogs
09-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Bryan, why are you not going to Gingerman Raceway this year?
You've got to try it, at least once. It's an absolute blast and very safe.

p.s. Welcome to the club.

p.s.p.s. Did you get in touch with the body shop that my wife told
your father about? I've used them for non-cobra items. They did a great,
quick and affordable job.

tazzracing1
09-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Bryan

You should come to Gingerman, This is a great time and a way to meet fellow members and others from Mi.

Larry

cobra9915svt
09-11-2006, 07:10 PM
lumpy dog-

I did get the name of the shop that your wife told my father about. When I get my baby back and need more work I'll check it out. Also If I have the car back in time, I would love to check out Gingerman.

Bryan

Lumpydogs
09-11-2006, 07:35 PM
lumpy dog-

I did get the name of the shop that your wife told my father about. When I get my baby back and need more work I'll check it out. Also If I have the car back in time, I would love to check out Gingerman.

Bryan

Great, we would love to have you out at the track.

p.s. Hope you are feeling better.

mwilson7
09-12-2006, 06:33 AM
For paint work I'd highly recommend Jack Demmer Ford. Jim Demmer is an Enthusiast and they understand how we feel about our cars. I've had 3 cars painted there and have been happy every time.

drudis
10-05-2006, 12:59 PM
You could call Pat
kidcasaday at-sign charter.net

He belongs to the www.SAAC-MCR.com SAAC-MotorCityRegion club, and paints several NICE vintage cars. Does flawless work.

Tell him Darius sent ya.

cobra9915svt
10-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.