PDA

View Full Version : Notchy shifting tranny

stratssvt
09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Guys I need some help.My tranny shifts not so smooth.I can not power shift it.It feels really notchy.I tried changing shifters and that did not help.Is it my clutch or can I adjust something.The shifter is a upr.Any advise will be appreciated.Thanks

blk04cobra1
09-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Guys I need some help.My tranny shifts not so smooth.I can not power shift it.It feels really notchy.I tried changing shifters and that did not help.Is it my clutch or can I adjust something.The shifter is a upr.Any advise will be appreciated.Thanks
try going with a new clutch quadrant and adjustable cable :thumbsup:

steeda, fiore, UPR all make one...should make a little bit of difference...if that doesnt help, then you might want to look inside your tranny (synchro's, shift fork, etc)

stratssvt
09-12-2006, 05:51 PM
I'll give it a try.Thanks

ausie
09-22-2006, 07:21 AM
If you begin to have issues when changing gears or just getting it into gear chances are it is the clutch cable latching adjuster that is the culprit. For some reason or another, the 03/04 quadrant does not work as it should and sometimes releases the clutch cable tension. I would definately agree with what blk04cobra1 has stated :thumbsup: . If you still have the factory clutch quadrant in place that is most likely the issue. I had some issues with mine which got to the point where I could not get the car in gear when the engine was running since the clutch would not disengage. Replacing the factory clutch quad with a fixed quad and firewall adjuster did the trick for me.