PDA

View Full Version : Friday Gingerman run participants

Cobra-R
09-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Post here if you will comitt 100% to running friday night before the national. We need 10 people that will run for sure for them to open it up to us. Here are the details as I know them:

Run from 5-8pm
Cost $60
Usually they have two run groups.

Brian

1, Bruce
2, Larry
3, Scott
4, Tom G
5, Fred
6, Lew G (I am sure we can count on him)
7, Jeff
8, Ken
9, Peter
10, Morans

ac427cobra
09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Post here if you will comitt 100% to running friday night before the national. We need 10 people that will run for sure for them to open it up to us. Here are the details as I know them:

Run from 5-8pm
Cost $60
Usually they have two run groups.

Brian

Brian:

Count me in!

:thumbsup:

PETSNKE
09-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm in :thumbsup:

scottmartin
09-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Brian, count me in. Scott

tgentry
09-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I know Bruce loves the sight of tail lights fading in the distance.

I'm in! :thumbsup:

Flying Fred
09-12-2006, 04:08 PM
I will be there Friday evening as well. Hopefully I won't get buried in *@#$*& Chicago traffic this time!

ac427cobra
09-12-2006, 06:35 PM
I know Bruce loves the sight of tail lights fading in the distance.

I'm in! :thumbsup:

As long as they are Mustang tail lights, it's all good! :D

I will be there Friday evening as well. Hopefully I won't get buried in *@#$*& Chicago traffic this time!

Just don't drive through during rush hour Freddy! :spoke: ;)

Lumpydogs
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
"Wooosh Plaaap!" That was the sound of me throwing my hat into the ring.

I'm in for Friday Night, that is if you guys don't mind having to pass
a NA '01 Cobra on Street Rubber :p

Approximately 238 hours until Gingerman :bounce:

NJ2000R
09-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm in! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Peter Calvert
09-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Ok, I don't do this posting stuff ever but here goes. I'm planning on being there to run on Friday night. The Morans are too but I'll let either Thomas or Mike reply.

Peter

ac427cobra
09-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Ok, I don't do this posting stuff ever but here goes. I'm planning on being there to run on Friday night. The Morans are too but I'll let either Thomas or Mike reply.

Peter

Peter Calvert
'ZZOOM'

Looks to me like you've done it 17 other times Peter?!? :spoke:

See you soon!! :cheers:

thomasmoran1
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
we'll be there

tgentry
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Looks like a pretty hardcore group for Friday evening :D :thumbsup:

Cobra-R
09-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Keep replying if you are plannin on running friday. I will call the track thursday or friday and give them the final count. Thanks all, lookign forward to seeing you all again!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian

ac427cobra
09-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Brian:

Forgive me because I get all of the car clubs I belong to mixed up ALL the time!? But are we having a catered lunch on Sat & Sun or do I need to bring my own lunch fixin's?

Thanks! :D

mojosvt
09-17-2006, 11:23 AM
I would really like to run on friday and get as much track time out of this weekend as possible. However, this is my first open track event. SHould I Just wait until sat, or could I run on Friday as well. Just a little input would be great. Either way, I will be there early friday to set up camp, and if not run, catch a few rides to start learning the track:D

tgentry
09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I believe Friday track time is for experienced folks only. There are no instructors.

ac427cobra
09-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Your best bet would be try to mooch a ride (preferrably from Tom to slow him down enough for me to pass him!!) during the Friday evening test and tune to see what it is all about.

Understand what you are most likely going to experience is going to take you quite a while to work up to that level.

:D

Cobra-R
09-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Brian:

Forgive me because I get all of the car clubs I belong to mixed up ALL the time!? But are we having a catered lunch on Sat & Sun or do I need to bring my own lunch fixin's?

Thanks! :D

We are not supplying lunch this year, I am sure the food stand will be open though. :thumbsup:

Brian

cobrabitn
09-17-2006, 01:47 PM
There is a Saturday night cookout that is included in leiu of the lunch though! :thumbsup:

ac427cobra
09-17-2006, 01:58 PM
We are not supplying lunch this year, I am sure the food stand will be open though. :thumbsup:

Brian

Thanks Brian!

There is a Saturday night cookout that is included in leiu of the lunch though! :thumbsup:

That willl be a great time Tony. As it was last year!
:bounce:

NJ2000R
09-17-2006, 05:09 PM
There is a Saturday night cookout that is included in leiu of the lunch though! :thumbsup: Tony, is the bbq provided to all participants and their families? what about guests? I know last year we took up a collection for the bbq, as lunch was included both days....I like the bbq idea better than lunch....

Cobra-R
09-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Tony, is the bbq provided to all participants and their families? what about guests? I know last year we took up a collection for the bbq, as lunch was included both days....I like the bbq idea better than lunch....

You get one BBQ ticket for each drivers school registration. You can buy additional tickets at the track like last year. :thumbsup:

Brian

NJ2000R
09-17-2006, 05:15 PM
You get one BBQ ticket for each drivers school registration. You can buy additional tickets at the track like last year. :thumbsup:

Brian ok, fair enough, should be a good time! :thumbsup: :cheers:

cobrabitn
09-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Exactly what Brian said... :thumbsup:

Mike, the only way I could or even would suggest you run on Friday is if you have a qualified person in the car with you. If the track is a little wet then I don't recommend you going out by yourself especially since you have never done this before and you have a 400 plus hp car. You'll get p[lenty of track time during the weekend. JMHO

mojosvt
09-17-2006, 06:34 PM
That is what I figured. I still plan on being out there sometime on friday... trying to catch a few rides!

NJ2000R
09-17-2006, 09:02 PM
That is what I figured. I still plan on being out there sometime on friday... trying to catch a few rides! there will be plenty of willing experienced drivers out there to catch rides with :thumbsup:

tgentry
09-18-2006, 09:08 AM
(preferrably from Tom to slow him down enough for me to pass him!!)

Bruce, I'll be on street tires, with my old Fairmont suspension... so I'm starting out with plenty of excuses :baby:

ac427cobra
09-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Bruce, I'll be on street tires, with my old Fairmont suspension... so I'm starting out with plenty of excuses :baby:

Something tells me you won't be needing any excuses?!?! :cool:

racer91m
09-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Brian,

I'd like to bring our two Grand Am Cup cars out for Friday night and also run them ove rthe weekend. I've got a driver who needs a tune up before we head to VIR.

Is there a AV8SS race going on this weekend? If so, how can I get registered for that too?

Dean Martin
dean@racer91m.com

ac427cobra
09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Brian,

I'd like to bring our two Grand Am Cup cars out for Friday night and also run them ove rthe weekend. I've got a driver who needs a tune up before we head to VIR.

Is there a AV8SS race going on this weekend? If so, how can I get registered for that too?

Dean Martin
dean@racer91m.com

Dean:

I'm not Brian but there IS an AV8SS race this coming weekend at Gingerman. You can sign up with AV8SS here:

www.av8ss.com

Also test & tune at the track Friday evening.

See you this weekend!

Lumpydogs
09-18-2006, 05:46 PM

Good to know. I might be able to keep up with you for a half a lap or so. :D

p.s. I've been practicing my point-byes all week. :p

ac427cobra
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Good to know. I might be able to keep up with you for a half a lap or so. :D

p.s. I've been practicing my point-byes all week. :p

Don't let Tom fool you. (where do you think the term "Tomfoolery" came from?!?!) ;) I hear his car has a gazillion horsepower! :D :thumbsup:

tgentry
09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Gazillion :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I just had to make sure I didn't get passed by rental cars!

Lumpydogs
09-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Don't let Tom fool you. (where do you think the term "Tomfoolery" came from?!?!) ;) I hear his car has a gazillion horsepower! :D :thumbsup:

I'm confused...

Is that a metric or english Gazillion?

Hazman
09-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Well depending on how early I can get on the road Friday morning we just might get there in time for some fun Friday evening. I am so looking forward to being back at Gingerman!! Track time and good friends!!:thumbsup: :bounce:

mojosvt
09-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Tony, I have been looking at a map, trying to figure out the best way to get there on friday, And Hazman mentioned that he thought you caravan right through columbus. I was wondering if that was your plan this year. I would assume that you were going to spend the night somewhere, I just didn't know where, and how many people where coming in with you. Just let me know what your plans are, it would be nice to have somebody to drive up there with.

Cobra-R
09-19-2006, 07:58 PM
I finally got a call back and have the info we need.

We have friday evening confirmed, we get to run from 5:30 to 8:30 (or until dark).

Another group has the track friday till 5, we can get into the track after 2 or 3 pm, but have to stay down at the lower end until the other group is done.

We will have registration friday night and try to do some teching. Registration and tech will be where it was last year (up by the garages) if the weather is good.

Brian

tgentry
09-19-2006, 09:28 PM
For all you do, this Busch Light is for you :cheers:

cobrabitn
09-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Mike,

We will be staying at the Fairfield Inn in Lima, Ohio so we have less than a 3 hour drive to the track on Friday morning. I'm planning on getting on track Friday night for a little bit while doing registration with Burke and Dave Stanfield.

You know the club's number so you can call me Thursday night and we'll let you know what time we are leaving in Friday morning so you can meet up with us there.

We'll also have a surprise for everyone when we get there. Don't ask because it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?? :D

I do have the 94 back and it is running oh so good right now. I had Dan double check the tune on it and it is right where it is supposed to be only it doesn't smoke or use oil anymore.. :thumbsup: Can't wait to get on track with all of these junkies from the north! :bounce:

mojosvt
09-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a plan, One more question. Are you coming straight through columbus and up 33, or are you going some other way. I looked up that hotel, and there is no real easy way to get there. Talk with ya thursday night!

SVT_KY
09-20-2006, 07:30 PM
"Pit Babe" and I will will be there Friday afternoon

IF IF IF IF

Ford gets my dayum exhaust manifold fixed in time !!!
They had to take the head of and send it out to be "lasered"
to get teh old bolts out ... The EC change went to Copper
bolts, but do you think FORD will help me out a bit? HELL NO.

$900.00 plus to replace the bolts ...

I'm in for Friday Night ...

AND I HAVE THE 'SHINE --- Natural,
Grape, and Apricot !!!! WOOT !!!

cobrabitn
09-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Mike, Please call me tomorrow and I'll call you back when we get close to Columbus. Maybe we should eat dinner there?? We still have brake bleeding to do before we hit the track Friday!

mojosvt
09-21-2006, 09:24 AM
I will give you a call. I actually have to work late tonight, I am trying to get off, but I will let you know closer to 5. Have a safe drive, and I will call you either way!