PDA

View Full Version : Affects of Wrong MAF/Injector Combo?

SuperG
09-13-2006, 06:02 PM
If I have 24#/hr injectors and install a Lightning 90mm calibrated for 36#/hr injectors, what will happen?

I ask because my MAF may have failed and I have a 90mm laying on the shelf...

Pro-Dyno
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
If I have 24#/hr injectors and install a Lightning 90mm calibrated for 36#/hr injectors, what will happen?

I ask because my MAF may have failed and I have a 90mm laying on the shelf...How did you get a light 90mm calibrated for 36# was it sent to pro-m if so the car should go lean :(

SuperG
09-14-2006, 08:12 AM
How did you get a light 90mm calibrated for 36# was it sent to pro-m if so the car should go lean :(
Yeah, Edmond explained to me why it will go lean...I bought the 90mm from another Mustang owner, but I am only assuming the 36#/hr since I heard that is what Lightnings have. Am I wrong? Where can I take the MAF to get it calibrated?

Also, my current MAF is ok...I checked it, finally, last night...unplugged! Now everything is good again!!

Pro-Dyno
09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Yeah, Edmond explained to me why it will go lean...I bought the 90mm from another Mustang owner, but I am only assuming the 36#/hr since I heard that is what Lightnings have. Am I wrong? Where can I take the MAF to get it calibrated?

Also, my current MAF is ok...I checked it, finally, last night...unplugged! Now everything is good again!!Glad to here every thing is ok the lightnings run 42#injectors and you have to calibrate the computer to the maf

SuperG
09-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Glad to here every thing is ok the lightnings run 42#injectors and you have to calibrate the computer to the maf
Aha! Thanks for the help...I plan on getting 42# injectors.