PDA

View Full Version : New Playground Being Built

Al C
09-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Track Dawgs

There is a new playground being build in Texas - Eagles Canyon Raceway - at Slidell, Texas - North of Dallas - 2.5 miles long with 15 turns and 70 feet of elevation changes - the owners are working to get FIA certification - check it out at www.eaglescanyon.com

From the Web Page:

THE VISION, THE PHILOSOPY AND THE PHASES BEHIND EAGLES CANYON RACEWAY

The vision behind Eagles Canyon raceway is to build a first class FIA track that will thrill the driver, professional racer and eventually the spectator. It has taken over two years for this dream to unfold. We believe the site we have chosen will more than meet those expectations. The fast straights, blind hill, and double apex corners of this initial 2.5 mile track with elevation changes of up to 70 ft. will challenge the finest in our sport...... We donít want ECR to become just another track, we want this track to stand out and become known nationally and internationally, to be the very best that Texas can produce and we canít thank enough people for all their help and enthusiasm.....

Eagles Canyon Raceway (ECR) is being constructed with the following objectives in mind.

1. To be a private member club track which meets, and hopefully exceeds, the requirements of those who share the passion of becoming drivers of excellence?

2. Our members needs will always be our first priority. Through the executive membership it is the hope that we will attract a responsible governing body that will share an interest in the future development of the track after its initial opening.

3. After the development of ECRís membership, we will work actively, to attract car clubs, bike clubs, driverís clubs and driverís education events. All avenues, including attracting sanctioned racing organizations, will be pursued in order to develop the facility and generate income that will help offset membership costs.

The goal of the track is eventually through racing events to aspire to a potential Formula One status. This will not be achieved over night. Over the various phases it is our objective to make ECR a world renowned racetrack facility while never losing sight of the membership that will form the basis of our organization.

PHASE 1

1. The construction of a 2.5 mile race track, with pit, hot pit and paddock area capabilities to FIA and SCCA standards, with appropriate run-off areas, tire walls and concrete barriers (kept to a minimum and utilized only where necessary)

2. Rest room shower facilities, drivers meeting room/cafeteria, staging area for track events.

3. Adequate parking areas for cars, trailers etc. of approximately 8 acres.

4. Tower overlooking the start/finish line.

5. Protected areas around the track for Marshals

6. Administration building.

7. On site tow truck/ambulance.

8. Lock-up Garages built to suit member needs.

PHASE 2

1. Club house with rest room shower facilities, restaurant, meeting rooms and swimming pool.

2. Continuation of lock-up garages, from storage barns, to individual garages built to drivers demands and needs in a security compound.

3. Site preparation, from front entrance to landscaping, RV hook-up points.

4. The development of a go-kart track and skid pad area.

5. Some spectator stands

6. Maintenance garages, with tire storage.

7. Pace car

PHASE 3

1. As the event schedule fills up, the developments of a second race track for members.

2. Video Arcade and simulators for driverís education.

3. Condo development with garage facilities.

4. Golf Driving range

5. Expansion of club house facilities to support membership growth.

6. Helicopter pad

7. Paddock development with permanent spectator stands and further open air sites.

8. Expansion of 2.5 mile track to exceed 3 plus miles.

This site and all contents are copyright (c) 2005-200

03 cobra toy
09-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Very cool :thumbsup:

I wish the track on the north side of Houston would start construction....

http://www.libertymotorsportspark.com/index2.htm

ORANGE CRUSH
09-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Sweet! I didn't know that.

Levi
09-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Awesome :bounce:

03 cobra toy
09-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Three more on the way....

Houston/Hitchcock:
GRANDSPORT SPEEDWAY
http://www.grandsportspeedway.com/index.html

Houston
Lonestar Motorsport Park
http://www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com/lonestarmotorsportspark/page.php?id=36

Dallas
RACER RANCH
http://www.racersranch.com/track.html

Wow this is nuts..... :eek:

Levi
09-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Yea, But what a great way to loose your mind...... :woot: :yup:

Houston will become the Open Track Capital of the WORLD!!!! :headbang:

Hazman
09-19-2006, 07:55 AM
If this keeps up I may have to move to Texas. :D Oh wait my company wants me to go there any way!!!:doubt: So just how far is Amarillo from any where else in the world!!!!:mad:

Larry95
09-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Amarillo is a long way from anywhere.

Bartman01
09-19-2006, 10:46 AM
So just how far is Amarillo from any where else in the world!!!!

Going the mapquest way:
Amarillo to Houston = 599 miles
Amarillo to Dallas = 362 miles

For an interesting comparison:
Houston to Destin, FL (Passing through 3 other states) = 574 miles.

Twice Bitten
09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
If this keeps up I may have to move to Texas. :D Oh wait my company wants me to go there any way!!!:doubt: So just how far is Amarillo from any where else in the world!!!!:mad:

Amarillo is in the middle of the USA :thumbsup:

Hazman
09-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah I know the distances!!!:( Why could we not have some job openings in Houston or some pplace closer to all the new tracks!!!:mad: