PDA

View Full Version : SCMC/Amazon DD/Car Show

Linn@Amazon
09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
looking into 2007 to schedule..give me an idea what is going to work for the club

cobrabitn
09-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Linn,

We plan to do two events next year at Amazon Tuning. First will be a "Dyno Day" in February, a couple of weeks before the Spring drag day so everyone can get their cars tuned before they go out on the track.

The second will be a car show/dyno day somewhere in the end of May/first of June. I cannot give definites till I get our track dates settled by December but that seems to be an open month for us right now.

Weeks it cannot be:

January - Open for Dyno Day??
February - MGW Drag Day
March - CMP
April - Autofair
May - Talladega Week
June - Mall of Georgia Show
July - Open
August - Parkway Ford Show
September - Autofair/Gingerman
October - Ted Russell Ford Show
November - MGW Drag Day
December - Christmas Holiday

Linn@Amazon
09-20-2006, 10:04 AM
sounds good to me..we are flexible at this time...if you want a Tuning Day in Feb before track day it will have to be limited to 10-12 cars with a reservation for each car to be tuned and scheduled time in a specific order starting early and going late depending on how many cars to be tuned. A Tuning day is different than a Dyno Day and involves more time for each car on the dyno to be tuned..we will need to define between tuning and just dynoing. A dyno day/car show later in the year would work well together..Just schedule us wherever it works best for you and we will build our 2007 schedule around those dates

cobrabitn
09-20-2006, 10:38 AM
I will stick this thread so we can come back to it easily and update it for next year's schedule! :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
09-27-2006, 03:37 AM
I'll be there..........I'll make my schedule flexible to attend :D

autoxstangs
10-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey Tony just for planning purposes, do you happen to know which weekend the Feb drag day will be?

cobrabitn
10-19-2006, 08:42 PM
I won't know till November 4th, sorry.. :(

BadMoFo
10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
oh you know if its an event at Amazon I am there. :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
11-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok so the Dragday event is Feb. 24th (last Saturday in Feb.), can we go ahead and make a date so that we can put it on the calendar????? :D

cobrabitn
11-08-2006, 11:57 PM
We can make the dyno day date for February. I have been thinking about changing the Spring Drag Day to March 24, 2007 as it would most likely be better weather. Last Spring we got rained out and it would be a little warmer at the end of March...

Big Daddy
11-09-2006, 07:35 AM
We can make the dyno day date for February. I have been thinking about changing the Spring Drag Day to March 24, 2007 as it would most likely be better weather. Last Spring we got rained out and it would be a little warmer at the end of March...

Great idea Tony. February is still Winter here in the mountains and even though the weather may be nicer down at the track, we still need to get there! :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
11-09-2006, 08:10 AM
If you'd like us to host the Dyno Day in March, just let me know...we should also be attending the DD down at Amazon :thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
11-09-2006, 03:54 PM
our schedule is open at this point but if Rick gets his race car done we will be hitting the race circuit..the sooner you can give us a firm date the better

InfamousSVT
11-11-2006, 09:17 PM
A Feb. dyno day and a March Drag date would work best for me........I've got a few things planned that I'd like to get finished between now and then :D :D

BadMoFo
11-12-2006, 08:14 AM
hmm, dyno day feb, t&t mar drag day and roll into FFW in apr. sounds win win to me.

cobrabitn
11-12-2006, 11:49 AM
That's the plan..

January - SCMC Charlotte Annual Meeting - Charlotte, NC
February - Amazon Dyno Day - Anderson, SC
March - CMP - Kershaw, SC
March - SCMC/MGW Drag Day & Car Show - Jackson, SC
April - Autofair - Charlotte, NC
May - Amazon Car Show?? - Anderson, SC
June - Mall of Georgia Show - Buford, GA
June - SCMC on Track at Virginia International Raceway - Danville, VA
July - SCMC Fun Run - Details Later.. NC Mountains
August - Parkway Ford Show - Winston-Salem, NC
September - Food Lion Autofair - Charlotte, NC
September - SCMC on Track at Gingerman Raceway - South Haven, MI
October - Ted Russell Ford Show/Dragon Run VII - Knoxville, TN
November - SCMC/MGW Drag Day & Car Show - Jackson, SC
November - 2007 SVT Cobra Nationals - MSR-Houston - Houston, TX

MOre to follow....

I'll get the definite dates on the Amazon events when the Dragway calls me back.....I'm still waiting for them to return my call. :p

cobrabitn
11-15-2006, 08:49 PM
The "Official" date for the SCMC/Amazon Dyno Day is February 24, 2007. I hope we can get some of our GA members to come up while some of the Carolina members go down to Anderson, SC.

This will be an "informal" event and Amazon will be providing a pizza lunch. We will not order any food till we have a head count of who is actually there. This event takes the date of the Spring Drag Day and this is a good time to get your car up on the dyno to see what your winter mods have done for you.

Normally I do an annual Columbia SC meet but this will take the place of that.
(I missed this year's meet due to my hectic schedule.)

If you plan to attend or if you have any ideas about what you would like to have at the event, please post them here, thanks.

BadMoFo
11-15-2006, 10:29 PM
sweet, on the calendar!

Big Daddy
11-16-2006, 08:59 AM
If I don't try to break my ankle again I will be there for the Dyno and Show day. I want to check out how much Anderson has changed since I lived there. I also want to check out Amazon's shop. Sounds like a good time I hope many people will attend! :thumbsup:

sctravis77
11-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Ill be there. This will be my first event with the club since i joined a month ago. I know this may sound crazy to some of you but i've never been apart of a club but how much does this usually run you per person? Thanks:thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
2 pulls for $50

sctravis77
11-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Well it looks like ill take the 3hr drive from Sumter to this event. Count me in.

RR03Cobra
12-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Count me in!! I'll be there giving Rick and Linn a hand! If anyone needs directions, just send me a p.m.!!

InfamousSVT
12-05-2006, 02:02 PM
I'll be there :thumbsup:

nckissfan
01-09-2007, 03:00 PM
what time of day is this?

Linn@Amazon
01-09-2007, 04:26 PM
probably start dynoing around 9AM and go until we are done..when ever that will be

nckissfan
01-09-2007, 04:27 PM

InfamousSVT
01-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Feb.24th 9AM-until

$50/2 pulls $25 AF

See ya'll there! :bounce: :bounce:

Big Daddy
01-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I'll be down to watch only...if that's ok?

cobrabitn
01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
OKay y'all....

Linn and I spoke on the phone today and we want to add a little more to this event so what can we do to make this more interesting and get a bigger crowd of people to come out?

This will not be a show but Linn suggested "gift certificates" for different classes like:

Long Distance traveled to the event
Highest Horsepower
Lowest Horsepower

What are your thoughts? Ideas for different categories??

Here's what Amazon will be doing...

Gift Certificates
Lunch

Here's what SCMC can do...

A couple of tees
Dash pads for keys and cell phones

Here's what Data Plates can do...

Personalized Mousepad with your car on it or a set of data plates with your car on it? I might be talked into donating a banner plaque for use at shows if y'all are nice. :)

Give us some ideas and we need you to spread the word a little so we can get as many people as we can out to the event.

BadMoFo can you and nckissfan help us out here?

nckissfan
01-30-2007, 11:03 PM
help, as in what, Tony? I wont be able to make this event. I will update any threads that I have made, around the web.

cobrabitn
01-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Help as in Internet Advertising! :thumbsup:

BadMoFo
01-31-2007, 06:39 AM
hey I am a web junkie so I will crusie the sites I am on and see whats needs updating and what needs added, anything to help out the SCMC and Amazon. :thumbsup:

nckissfan let me know what sites you have posted on so we can post in your threads and when I am done I will do the same. its like when people see a line forming they want to get in so they can see what is going on. :thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
01-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Id like to see at least 5 categories for prizes ..we will be giving gift certificates for those 5 categories as well as an Amazon pen and T Shirt

we already have 3..need 2 more..

Big Daddy
01-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Id like to see at least 5 categories for prizes ..we will be giving gift certificates for those 5 categories as well as an Amazon pen and T Shirt

we already have 3..need 2 more..

How about making one for highest blown and lowest blown rwhp; highest na and lowest na rwhp? Plus the long distance award. It makes five at least! ;) :D

BadMoFo
02-01-2007, 12:49 PM
ok out doing a little postwhoring, some of these places already had the event listed but just letting you know where I have seen it at including places that I posted about it.

svtperformance.com
corral.net
carolinarides.com
upstatemustangclub.com
stangette.com
badmustangsclub.com
cheaters-inc.com
southeastmusclecars.com
stangnet.com
blackmustangclub.com
unitedstangs.com
modularfords.com
mustangforums.com
moddedmustangs.com
gotstang.com

thats all I could get to before I have to head into work. if anyone knows of more sites let me know! :thumbsup:

BadMoFo
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
one more to the list

musclecar-evolution.com :thumbsup:

I wanna say the word is sufficently spread but to help things out you all need to go to some of these and show your interest and support. if no one posts in them then everyone thinks the event is a flop, which we all know its not just from the amount of people we all know are going. but go show your support. :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
02-13-2007, 08:55 PM
2 more weeks. :bounce:

cobrabitn
02-13-2007, 10:22 PM
We're going to have some free raffle prizes including some tees, gift certificates, and a couple of other items! :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
02-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I'll be stopping down to check out the shop and see everyone. I may even grace their dyno with my snake!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D

RR03Cobra
02-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Just a couple of days away!! Hope to see everyone there!!:thumbsup:

BLOWN03SNAKE
02-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Ok guys just a couple of days away. I'm ready for another good day of dyno and meeting everyone again. I'll be doing a video of the days events ( dyno runs, pics, and what ever happens in front of the shop lol ). If there is anything ya'll want me to video just let me know. See ya'll Sat.

cobrabitn
02-25-2007, 02:37 PM
I thought the turnout was good with around 50 people and lots of pony cars out there. I didn't see Infamous, Big Daddy, and BadMoFo there...did y'all forget the way? :doubt:

BadMoFo
02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
no work came threw and handed out a few screw yous and I got stuck working. :mad: just added to how great (insert sarcasim here) my week has been. glad to hear it turned out good. cant wait to see some more pics and vids. but dont worry, already put in for drag day off. :thumbsup:

TheSandman
02-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I thought the turnout was good with around 50 people and lots of pony cars out there. I didn't see Infamous, Big Daddy, and BadMoFo there...did y'all forget the way? :doubt:
Enjoyed being there:bounce: Thanks for asking me to travel with you. I liked the turned heads on the interstate. It must be impressive to travel with a group of snakes:eek: . Looking forward to the next event!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
02-25-2007, 07:09 PM
I'll be doing some event coverage for the website along with several more event photos and an article about Amazon Tuning Solutions. :D

Big Daddy
02-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Well family life intruded on my plans. Glad there was a good turnout! I'll be down at CMP Friday afternoon and Saturday Morning to help with registration. I got a room at the Best Western for $62.00. See you then! :thumbsup:

Rick@Amazon
02-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks for all that came, we had a blast. We put Bill's red gt on the rollers but it was breaking up at 4700 rpm. It still made 478hp and 668 tq.

Rick

rbuscaglia
03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
The tuning sounds good--i'll let you know in plenty of time once you make the dates.:mad: