09-19-2006, 06:26 PM
http://www.tbo.com/video/xml/MGBWYBEZ2SE.html

This car is crazy wrecked!!!!!!!!!

03slidewayzSVT
09-19-2006, 06:31 PM
HOLLY $H!T !!!! :eek: :eek:

93KingCobra
09-19-2006, 06:50 PM
That is why I dont street race any more.....

Firme
09-20-2006, 12:22 AM
:surprise: wow... if that ain't a reminder of how dangerous street racing is, I don't know what is....

bluethunder
09-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Just remember this, this could happen at any track! That car split cleanely it looks like.

97CasperCobra
09-20-2006, 10:52 AM
After a year out of high school a guy in a '93 Cobra did the same thing but the car didn't split cleanly. It had to take 2 tow trucks(one on front, one on back) to separate the car from being wrapped around the pole. The driver(only one in car) was killed instantly.

I think with enough force and speed ANY car will rip in half if they strike a pole doing a high speed. Sorry to see it happen. :(

gtdrivr
09-20-2006, 11:04 AM
A friend of mine in high school ripped his 81 Caprice in half around a tree. One half ended up 400 ft into a corn field. He died on the way to the hospital. I grew up in a collision shop, and it still gives me chills to see cars torn up that badly. It reminds me of the 70s and 80s. Before airbags and seatbelt laws, most cars had the imprint of the person's head in the windshield. You could smell the blood in a lot of the cars. Thankfully safety innovations have made things much safer.

hmmm..a lot of mush, but I'm still not slowing down!

bat-stang
09-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Wow..

Andy M
09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Holy crap!!

Racing on the street just is not worth the risk folks!! :(

I remember another such incident about 3-4 years ago, also in South Fla. A 19 year old guy was street racing when he lost control of his Mustang and plowed into the rear of another car killing both occupants - one of which was own MOTHER! :( True story - I promise!!

and he lived through it... of course, I am certain that every day when he wakes up and looks at himself in the mirror while shaving, he probably wishes he had died. I know I would!

Moral of this story? STREET RACING IS VERY BAD!!!! Please folks, take it to the track!!

Blownsvtlightning
09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Just remember this, this could happen at any track! That car split cleanely it looks like.

They typically don't have poles to hit in the middle of the track, but yeah.. you take a risk when you race no matter where you are!

bluethunder
09-22-2006, 10:44 AM
They typically don't have poles to hit in the middle of the track, but yeah.. you take a risk when you race no matter where you are!

Went out to the dog track and there are poles everywhere. :rotf:

Andy M
09-22-2006, 10:45 AM

My point on this was mainly to say when you race on the street, you are not only putting yourself at risk, but other "innocent" folks as well.

At least on the track, you are mainly putting yourself at risk. Additionally, others around you on the track (say on a road course for instance; or even at the drag strip) have accepted the fact that what we do is sometimes dangerous and may result in injury or even death. The poor guy/gal you kill on the road when street racing was not given the opportunity to make that choice and accept that risk.

The risk to you, your potential occupants, and the others around you on the street - are just not worth it. How the heck do you think this guy feels about killing a friend. I would have a real hard time living with myself if I had done it.
:(

AirForce1
09-23-2006, 11:13 AM
that is very upsetting to see. sometimes the better driver is the one that knows when not to race out of controlled conditions. (such as at the track)

ORANGE CRUSH
09-25-2006, 02:03 PM
that is very upsetting to see. sometimes the better driver is the one that knows when not to race out of controlled conditions. (such as at the track)
Hey do you have any pics of your car wrecked? We would love to see them....:D

97CasperCobra
09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey do you have any pics of your car wrecked? We would love to see them....:D

we've all done dumb things.....some of us just have a little more luck than others. :rolleyes:

03 cobra toy
09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm not saying a word :(