PDA

View Full Version : accelerator pedal recall

puzzle13
09-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey ... did anyone ever get the accelerator pedal recall done by Ford? I know there was an earlier thread, but I don't remember anyone ever getting it done. If so ... what do you think? My dealer showed me the very large piece of metal to be installed ... just wondering what the final install is like.

Thanks

beerkat
09-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Unless you look for it you really to not notice it.

Big T
09-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Just had mine done. It is a small thin black piece of metal that is put over the carpet under the accelerator pedal. You have to get down there to even see it. Blends in fine.

wvmystichrome
09-24-2006, 01:02 PM
I had mine done week ago last Friday. Just one bolt unloosened. The plate laid down and the bolt retightened. It took all of 15 minutes and they allowed me to stay in the shop while they completed it and I got to watch the whole thing. One thing the service tech did after getting the ok from me was (at no extra charge) was to take a black wire tie and loop it thru the top of the carpet and pull it away from the pedal also. My carpet would not go up enough to slip over the little rubber tab that was designed to hold it away from the pedal. Of course it was not strong enough either. You can not notice or see the black zip tie even with a flashlight. The pedal/carpet fix really is not noticable unless you know its been done and what you are looking for. WITH A FLASHLIGHT!

RF Cobra
09-24-2006, 08:15 PM
It's not noticeable like the others said and looks like it is supposed to be there when you do get down there and look at it.

The black zip tie is a good idea. The top of the carpet on mine wont reach the hook either that is supposed to hold it up.

InfamousSVT
09-25-2006, 08:13 PM
I didn't want to take mine back up to Ford to have them do it, so I just had the piece shipped to me and did it myself.

It's just held in by two bolts...........easy install :thumbsup:

mkkrs1
09-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I didn't want to take mine back up to Ford to have them do it, so I just had the piece shipped to me and did it myself.

It's just held in by two bolts...........easy install :thumbsup:

How did you do that, Because I don't want to take either

blk04cobra1
09-26-2006, 07:02 AM
How did you do that, Because I don't want to take either
Mike, just go see Richard Biltcliffe up at DJ Ford and he should know what piece you need...I believe it's $12 if you dont let Ford do it

InfamousSVT
09-27-2006, 03:40 AM
Mike, just go see Richard Biltcliffe up at DJ Ford and he should know what piece you need...I believe it's $12 if you dont let Ford do it
What he said, I sent you a PM about it Mike. :thumbsup: