PDA

View Full Version : Norwalk, OH Drag Day 9/27/2006

SvilleCobra
09-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Gentlemen,

FYI....CRT Performance ( www.crt-performance.com ) is sponsoring a Drag Day this Wedsnesday from 12 noon to 4 pm @ Norwalk Raceway Park just outside of Norwalk, Ohio. $35.00 gets you all the runs you want or can get in. You can call CRT and reserve a spot or just show up.

I will be there to learn this form of racing and take a few runs. Anyone interested in meeting me there? One last event up here before the bad weather sets in?!

mojosvt
09-29-2006, 10:37 AM
How was it???? I really wanted to come, but had to work all day.

SvilleCobra
10-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Outstanding Mike! I was pretty nervous as I had never done this before. Watched the action for a while...had Jeff Chambers of CRT go down the strip with me the first time and school me on what to do. After that, I was hooked. I will do it again. Best was 14.15 at 100.7 mph on street tires. I am told my car will do better if I learn to drive it right. However, I still prefer road course events and will be looking to do that again next summer in either my current Cobra ( w/ a roll-bar ) or a cheap, used Cobra coupe I can use as a track event car.

By the way, how were the Cobra Nationals? Your first road course event right?

I plan on making it down to the All Ford Swap Meet in Columbus in November. Have any interest?

Bigfish1956
10-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Glad you had a good time, that is a good time especially for your first visit. I have been out of touch for a while - dealing with Mom issues. Hopefully done for a while. Let me know about the November day in Columbus and maybe I can join in!

tones688
10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, alas work's been pretty busy of late so there was no way I was getting a break away to race that day. I'm definately up for hitting the swap meet in November!

Outstanding Mike! I was pretty nervous as I had never done this before. Watched the action for a while...had Jeff Chambers of CRT go down the strip with me the first time and school me on what to do. After that, I was hooked. I will do it again. Best was 14.15 at 100.7 mph on street tires. I am told my car will do better if I learn to drive it right. However, I still prefer road course events and will be looking to do that again next summer in either my current Cobra ( w/ a roll-bar ) or a cheap, used Cobra coupe I can use as a track event car.

By the way, how were the Cobra Nationals? Your first road course event right?

I plan on making it down to the All Ford Swap Meet in Columbus in November. Have any interest?