PDA

View Full Version : 99 cobra motor mount

99cobra~
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey guys well I also found out that my motor mount on my drivers side is bad. My brother looked up the time it takes to replace it and it said 9.5 hrs! So we are thinking we might just pull the motor out. Is there any other upgrades I should do to my motor while its out? (pistons/lifters etc.) Any upgrades I can do would be greatly appreciated! Also if you could send me a link that would be great.

I also have pretty much a complete 03 supercharger but the add ons that I need to do the swap seem ENDLESS!

ProfChaos
09-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey guys well I also found out that my motor mount on my drivers side is bad. My brother looked up the time it takes to replace it and it said 9.5 hrs! So we are thinking we might just pull the motor out. Is there any other upgrades I should do to my motor while its out? (pistons/lifters etc.) Any upgrades I can do would be greatly appreciated! Also if you could send me a link that would be great.

I also have pretty much a complete 03 supercharger but the add ons that I need to do the swap seem ENDLESS!

I paid only $200 labor, earlier this year, to have motor mounts installed on my '96 Cobra. I bought the stock motor mounts from the Ford Racing counter at an SVT dealership in GA. (Stock motor mounts won't last as long as urethane mounts, but because they are made with rubber, stock motor mounts reduce engine vibration more than urethane mounts do.) To avoid getting doinked on labor, you might try to find an SVT-qualified mechanic who does work on the side--away from the Ford garage. That estimate of 9.5 hours labor might be inflated to take into account worst-case scenarios or to allow for a learning curve for novice Cobra techs.

best wishes on the repair,
--Professor Chaos

blk04cobra1
09-26-2006, 07:00 AM
Agreed...it doesnt take 9.5 hours to change out a motor mount...also, go with some polyurethane one's from Energy suspension :thumbsup:

JPGCCobra
09-30-2006, 04:08 PM
It's not that bad of a job to replace those motor mounts. Definitely not 9.5 hrs. You just have to have the right tools.

99blackcobra
10-20-2006, 09:59 AM
It shouldnt take 9.5 hours maybe 3 max. If you unbolt everything from the bottom there is no problems. It would be nice if you had a lift. If not you will have to use a jack to lift the drivers side up but it really isnt that bad of a job