PDA

View Full Version : Just got pulled over for no front plates

Evilcartman
09-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Didn't a new law just pass this year making the rear plate the only legally needed plate? I'm just curious because I finally got pulled over in my car at lunch today.

Bartman01
09-26-2006, 02:57 PM
It was never passed, so back to square one in the Legislature.

97CasperCobra
09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
It's a fix-it ticket. Photoshop one onto your car, take it to the court-house and say you have gotten the matter resolved. :D

gtdrivr
09-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I got one for having smoke plate covers when I 1st got here. The NY plates didnt help me much....$270 fine!!!

Levi
09-26-2006, 05:03 PM
No way :eek: , You drove the garage queen? :rolleyes: :p

SuperG
09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
A Mystichrome owner here at work has his front license plate suction cupped to the inside of the windshield and hasn't had any problems.

Some will give you a hard time, some won't...

jimmysidecarr
09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Cut off some LP screw heads...
Glue the heads onto your plate...
Get some packing tape and wrap it so it is double sided...
Stick the real plate onto the real car... and take a real picture....

Take that un-doctored photo in for proof... see what happens. BTW v6 Mustangs don't use a plate bracket. just Cobras and GTs.

Hopefully they won't want to see the car in person...

jimmysidecarr
09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
A Mystichrome owner here at work has his front license plate suction cupped to the inside of the windshield and hasn't had any problems.

Some will give you a hard time, some won't...

I've seen that... also have seen the velcro to the passenger visor deal(that's what I am going to try)

03 cobra toy
09-26-2006, 05:57 PM
I'll just pay the fine....My car looks $100 better without the front plate :D

kencobra
09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
I'll just pay the fine....My car looks $100 better without the front plate :D

+ 1 on that.

Evilcartman
09-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I actually didn't get a ticket or even a writen warning. The guy was very nice and turns out he has a '03 Redfire and a teal '93 Cobra. I think he just wanted to talk and he kept asking me if I wanted to sell my car, but he did give me the reason for being pulled over as the missing front plate. I invited him to the Joe Myers Car show and told him he should show up. I hope he doesn't write me a ticket if he see's me again at the show. :cool: I just remember hearing that the law was changing or something about the front plates.

ericg347
09-27-2006, 10:42 AM
I just went to court for this two weeks ago. All I had to do was tell the court that I had fixed th problem and the case was dismissed, although I did see people with pictures of their cars with the license plate on.

Funny story, while I was being given the ticket Joe (Bluethunder) called me on the 2 way yelling PUT THE DRUGS AWAY! We were on our way to HRP and we were trying to get around a wreck so taking short cuts that turned out long I made a corner and there was a cop in the middle of the road I got tickets for No license plate,No insurance, and speeding.

Bartman01
09-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I just remember hearing that the law was changing or something about the front plates.

There is a lot of confusion on this given how much publicity it got on the forums. I am pretty sure that it DID pass in the house, but died in the senate.

Blownsvtlightning
09-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Didn't a new law just pass this year making the rear plate the only legally needed plate? I'm just curious because I finally got pulled over in my car at lunch today.

I saw him dart out after you. he was sitting at that light just waiting for you.

The law for the front plate stated that if you were issued 2 plates both had to be displayed. If you were only issued one then it had to be displayed on the rear of the vehicle.

ORANGE CRUSH
09-28-2006, 10:44 AM
I actually didn't get a ticket or even a writen warning. The guy was very nice and turns out he has a '03 Redfire and a teal '93 Cobra. I think he just wanted to talk and he kept asking me if I wanted to sell my car, but he did give me the reason for being pulled over as the missing front plate. I invited him to the Joe Myers Car show and told him he should show up. I hope he doesn't write me a ticket if he see's me again at the show. :cool: I just remember hearing that the law was changing or something about the front plates.

I would have given you a ticket just being you.:D

sssvtcobra
09-28-2006, 02:30 PM
I thought I would comment on this. I live in Oregon, and we are required to have two plates also, although I bought a whole new bumper and had it painted to match for my '04. I have gotten a ticket before in my old '01, and did something similar to what Jimmy suggested. And I didn't even get a chance to present my picture, because it was a digital. It either had to be a polaroid, or seen in person. Needless to say I just paid the $180 ticket.

raven69david
10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I don't have a front plate either <tick><tock><tick><tock>

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1663/2641/102400.jpg

Bartman01
10-02-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't have a front plate either

I wouldn't have one either if I had had my way.
Told the sales guy - no front plate.
Was there as it got delivered, sales guy told the 'prep' crew no plate. Prep crew doesn't speak english so good and puts front plate on (with bracket mounted upside down).

If I ever get the bumper replaced (Houston roads are rough on the front of cars), then it won't have a front plate on it.