PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Trannys for the street,

Dave B.
09-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I understand the Automatics they are putting in these cars still have to be shifted, that part does not bother me, its the clutch pedal thats killing my left leg with this 9 inch steel plate and 12 screews in my left Femur,,
yes a permanate Trophy from younger days.

I was going to put a whipple in and sell my Steigemeier stage 4 but my stock clutch would never hold up to Whipple power,

Then I would have to get an even Harder to push clutch to hold onto 600 HP,
So if you look at it all that way, if I were to leave my car the way it is now with the Stage 4 ported Eaton, and just add the Automatic tranny, just by never having to let of the gas to shift under a hard accell, would have to equal at leave a 50 HP increase, ,,,what say you?

InfamousSVT
09-28-2006, 03:02 AM
You'll get a better ET with the Auto........but if you wanted to gain back the "lost" horsepower just throw a 35 dry shot on it, that will actually net you around 65rwhp and around 100rwtq :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
09-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Dave, the automatic I have sitting on the shop floor is a Dynamic C4. It has a manual valve body (still has to be shifted) but you can bypass the clutch pedal, so there's no more pedal. Basically, all you have to do is put your foot on the brake and put it in gear, you shift just like a stick (except is a straight upward movement). This one in particular is a 3 speed w/out overdrive. The Lentech 4R70W has overdrive and you can get it with the auto valve body, so there's no shifting necessary :thumbsup: .

jeffS.
10-16-2006, 10:49 PM
I've heard almost all aftermarket clutches with more torque capacity also have a lighter pedal feel .even the new gt 500 is said to have much easier clutch engagement and I'm sure they know people are going to go mod-crazy on these cars just as all new stangs. auto tranny's for these cars sound like about the most attractive mod to these supercharged beasts right behind turbo's and solid rears However, I think it would be a big waste of money if you liked the six speed considering the clutch defineately can be upgraded to more clamping force without punishing your leg. do some research on Spec, Centerforce, and ram before putting that tough, expensive tranny in the dust pile! especially if you like to row your own gears. If not, try the new 5-speed auto out of the 05/06 Gt's and let me know what you think. I've driven these cars stock and can say that I'd race the gearbangenest driver in a manual 5-speed car the same year same horsepower with MUCH confidence! Whatever you decide, good luck!