PDA

View Full Version : Terminator being terminated...What a loss..

WVSNS&
09-27-2006, 11:29 PM
I just got off the phone w/the owner of one of the last terminators made. It appears the 04 is pretty much dead. Seems ford has not taken care of this gentleman's car under warranty. What a shame that the local dealership said that the pulley change that was done invalidates the warranty, did it? The car I understand has around 10k and isn't being driven anymore. The owner has had to stop driving it as there is a massive overheating problem related to the head gaskets. This gentleman informed me he purchased a very expensive warranty when he got the car. This guy feels that ford has let him down. So he only has one of his fleet trucks left and is liquidating all of his ford products. I guess when the car went back for overheating and the dealership let him use a loaner, for some reason the decided not to work on the problem. What really bothered me other than the car sitting rotting away is that this guy states he has contacted SVT and FORD people. I won't mention names but they aren't answering the phone or taking any interest in the problem. Is this irregular? Just curious.

john

cobrabitn
09-27-2006, 11:46 PM
When you put the pulley on, you void the engine warranty, period. Ford gives these cars 8 lbs of boost and 355 rwhp from the factory. Unfortunately, for most that is not enough and people add pulleys to up the boost to 12-14 lbs therefore voiding their engine warranty coverage. I'm not trying to be cold, I'm just trying to state facts. If you read your owner's manual, it states that your warranty may be voided if you modify your vehicle. Clearly, this guy modified his vehicle therefore Ford has the right to void his engine warranty no matter how much he paid for it. On the positive side, they can only void the warranty on the parts that were affected. That means his radio and other accessories are still covered by his extended warranty... wish I had better news for ya! :(

WVSNS&
09-27-2006, 11:58 PM
That's what I figured. It just stinks, I wanted to buy the car. I have kept my 01 stock but I feel like the aftermarket warranty I got didn't do too well either. This guy has taken alot of ford trucks back and dropped them off at the dealers they came from. I would have thought that ford might have done something for a good customer, he spent a great deal of money on ford trucks. I realize that is alot to expect but knowing how many gm products this guy now has is astounding. Oh well.

john

InfamousSVT
09-28-2006, 03:00 AM
Warranties are over-rated :D :rotf:

Fix it and drive the piss out of it :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
so, is this car just sitting? or did he have it repaired? If he's wanting to get rid of it, im sure I can make that happen for him for a reasonable price...hell, if it's just the head gaskets, he's looking at between $1500-$2000 labor and parts to fix it...let me know if he wants us to come grab it and fix it for him :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
09-28-2006, 12:05 PM

Fix it and drive the piss out of it :thumbsup:

WVSNS&
09-28-2006, 12:46 PM
The car is sitting at his house collecting dust and crap. I will email him about repair and or selling it. I am not sure what he wants to do yet.

john

blk04cobra1
09-28-2006, 07:14 PM
The car is sitting at his house collecting dust and crap. I will email him about repair and or selling it. I am not sure what he wants to do yet.

john
John, I understand...just let me know :thumbsup:

wvmystichrome
09-29-2006, 12:03 AM
I might be interested also. Might be a good over the winter project for me to have.

NO 5 OH
09-29-2006, 05:27 AM

Warranty? We had a warranty on these cars :rotf::rotf:

My car hasn't been to the dealership since it was about four months old... and never will go back as long as I'm able to do something about it :D

blk04cobra1
09-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Warranty? We had a warranty on these cars :rotf::rotf:

My car hasn't been to the dealership since it was about four months old... and never will go back as long as I'm able to do something about it :D
me too...only reason it was brought back was b/c they paid for my first oil change at 1000 miles :thumbsup:

Bartman01
09-30-2006, 02:08 PM
That's what I figured. It just stinks, I wanted to buy the car. I have kept my 01 stock but I feel like the aftermarket warranty I got didn't do too well either. This guy has taken alot of ford trucks back and dropped them off at the dealers they came from. I would have thought that ford might have done something for a good customer, he spent a great deal of money on ford trucks. I realize that is alot to expect but knowing how many gm products this guy now has is astounding. Oh well.

john

Frankly he is an idiot - especially if he thinks GM would have treated him any differently under the circumstances.

Do I understand this correctly? He buys a 'very expensive' extended warranty - then he modifies his engine to add additional power (for all practical purposes invalidating the warranty coverage on the engine and drivetrain). When the additional power blows his head gaskets, he then gets mad because the mfg wont fix it for free? To 'retaliate', he takes a financial hit dumping a fleet of vehicles and replacing them with all new ones?

Sounds like he made a series of ill/uninformed decisions and is looking to put the blame on someone other than himself. In the process he is throwing good money after bad.

99cobra~
09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
why didn't you put the stock pully back on???????????????????????????